Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 lude and recently changed my brake pads... but a week later, it started squeaking again, so i brought it back to the mechanic and they cleaned some dust and dirt off... and now 4 weeks later, it's squeaking again... Does anyone have any idea why this is happening when i just installed new brake pads??

G

·
Did they install the shims with the moly grease? The shims will help squealing quite a bit.

Also, what pads did you use? Some pads are more noisy than others. Excessive dust will also cause squealing, even on new pads.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it possible that they might have installed cheap brake pads for me? i was advised that there were 2 kinds of brake pads... one that is cheaper and attracts dusts = squealing.. and the other doesnt...
any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated! =)

G

·
You didn't have stock pads installed? I found that the stock Honda pads work best for daily driving. Minimal dust and almost no noise.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
200 Posts
Go to Napa and pick up alittle bottle of the antisqueak stuff, its works, I have an AEM big brak kit with performance pads and they used to squake like mad....metal on metal some nonsense like that, but the stuff from Napa works.

------------------
You got VTEC? Kewl, I got a TURBO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts