Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! my brakes are sticking, all of them, thought it was the pads, but took them off and replaced them and they’re still sticking. after checking everything out the cylinders aren’t releasing all the way, happened randomly, any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Help! my brakes are sticking, all of them, thought it was the pads, but took them off and replaced them and they’re still sticking. after checking everything out the cylinders aren’t releasing all the way, happened randomly, any suggestions?
If it’s all of them, I can only think of two possibilities off hand:

Brake fluid needs a good flush because the system is not disengaging.

or

Check to see if your brakes are constantly engaged via the brake pedal - if your brake lights are always on for example, perhaps the sensor at the brake pedal is constantly engaged or is not disengaging.

That being said - how is the brake pedal feel? Are the brakes at like 10% engaged or 100% engaged?

When you removed your brake calipers, did you also remove and grease the brake caliper pins/guides? I have had to replace my brake caliper bracket because the caliper guide pin would get stuck even after re-applying grease. I. Pulsing get an OEMone new but an Autozone 3hrs away from me had a remanufactured one in stock and it’s been good for over a year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts