Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am bored, so was just "dreaming" about stuff that I should do to my car since I am a poor college student.

My mods up till date:
OBX-R intake filter with cheap generic intake pipe.
DC CC header
APEXi N1 cat-back with a resonator in place of cat.
Bullfrog TB with portmatched IM

I have an ACT Xtreme PP/SS Disc and a JUN FW that I will be installing sometime this week. Also a B&M FPR will be added at the same time.

I just want comments on what I should do next (my suspension is already done). I am thinking of the UR pulleys (SS) and the V-AFC. I know of the harmonic arguments regarding the pulleys, but I am going to chance it. What do you guys think??

but....on another note, should I spend the limited money I have, and get camshafts, cam gears, and P&P my cylinder head?? This route will cost more, but the main thing is, I am in Edmonton AB where quality speed shops are rare, and I am hesitant about going to these shops to do such engine work. Labour is expensive, and bringing my car back for follow-up work would be a real pain not to mention if the screw up, and I blow my engine.

I really want to get that JUN set that is coming for the GEN4, but that would probably be too expensive.......

·
rotorless rotorite :(
1,652 Posts
i don't know about the whole harmonic balancer dealio. but if i were you i wouldn't do anything to the car if i know that there may be potential damage. that and you say you poor too, it would suck to have to walk to school everyday, cause your saving up to fix the damage the harmonic thingy caused. do a search for posts by 71DSP i think he had some problems with the Crank Pulley but i'm not sure. just wanted to point that stuff out before you did something you may regret.

EDIT: heres some more info you may want to read into. http://honda-acura.net/forum/Forum20/HTML/009676.html

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

[This message has been edited by BlueShadow (edited April 11, 2001).]

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, good point...I have been reading lots on it.....just a question...do you know of any other people other than 71DSP that has trouble with these crank pulleys? Specifically, the UR ones?? I mean people that you know personally that posted that their car screwed up with these pulleys, not "I read from here and here..." type of people.

Thanx....this would really help.

[This message has been edited by DNA_Cyan (edited April 11, 2001).]

·
rotorless rotorite :(
1,652 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DNA_Cyan:
yes, good point...I have been reading lots on it.....just a question...do you know of any other people other than 71DSP that has trouble with these crank pulleys? Specifically, the UR ones??</font>
nope, i don't know of anybody else that has probs with it but that doesn't mean they don't exist. IMO one bad review is all i need. why chance it for the minimal gain that it'll give you.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts