Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you have bodykits on your cars and drive the lude in the winter.
If so what bodykit?

------------------
97 5spd Base
Altezza 3Gen Taillights
Ractive Intake
Apex'i N1 exhaust

T

·
0 Posts
I just got the mugen kit, and I'm lowering it next week (1.4" drop). I'm really not looking forward to driving it next winter, but I guess I'll just have to enjoy it until then.

------------------

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by coil222:
I've made it through 2 winters w/ the WW agressor kit and a 1.3" drop through 1 winter, no worries : )
</font>
YA the bodykit I was looking for!!

------------------
97 5spd Base
Altezza 3Gen Taillights
Ractive Intake
Apex'i N1 exhaust

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
OEM kit 2 winters no drop no problems

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
I'm one step ahead of you and one step behind o0oo0o</font>

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
YOu'll be fine with the OEM if you don't lower it. If you do, you might become a snow plow

------------------

Pearl White
00'SS

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in Calgary and we didn't have a very bad winter this year.

------------------
97 5spd Base
Altezza 3Gen Taillights
Ractive Intake
Apex'i N1 exhaust

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
i went through my 1st real winter and as long as you are not running 45 series tires...you will be fine!

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dka:
i went through my 1st real winter and as long as you are not running 45 series tires...you will be fine!</font>
OEM kit about a 1.5-1.75" drop and 225/45/16 tires and no problem with the kit. Driving in the snow with summer tires is another story though!

------------------

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
OEM kit about a 1.5-1.75" drop and 225/45/16 tires and no problem with the kit. Driving in the snow with summer tires is another story though!

</font>
really?? I have the exact same setup before i just switched back to 205/50/16's...and my sideskirts were like 3-4 inches off the ground!

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dka:
really?? I have the exact same setup before i just switched back to 205/50/16's...and my sideskirts were like 3-4 inches off the ground!</font>
That sounds about right. This winter dumped a Sh!t load of snow on us here in NJ and I didn't have any problems with the snow except I couldn't move with the worn down Dunlops in the snow. As for the kit no problems at all. Wht kind of problems did you have?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Damn, you guys are lucky. I managed to pull off half the factory bumper on my '90 Accord trying to get it out of a parking spot. I was too busy getting snow out from behind the car to notice it had built up under the bumper. I also noticed foot prints and dents across my car. The snow was piled up high enough that somebody decided that it was a good idea to use my hood as a walkway. Makes me not want to bring my Prelude up next year.

------------------
'99 Milano Red Prelude 5spd (In Atlanta)

'90 Accord EX 4 door (In Ithaca w/ me)

AP-Signworks.com
ABSOLUTE POWER

1 - 15 of 15 Posts