Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it wasn't as bad as they had orginally thought but it's still not good. There estimate is in the $6.5-7k range and time from OK to finish is about 4 weeks. He said he had a job that was coming tomorrow that he turned down to get me in a week sooner so that was VERY cool. Once again you get what you pay for! He charges top dollar but does top dollar work. I told him I was selling it and he promised there is no way I or anyone else would ever know the car was hit when he was finished. I'm still selling it no matter what he tells me.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imagepree:
hmmm...
i'm guessing your insurance would take care of the bill...

g'luck man.
</font>
MY insurance? Ohhhh no my friend HIS insurance will take care of that! F-ing NJ will have your insurance up another $1k a year because someone else hit you. It sucks living here

Not like the 5 boroughs are any better for insurance

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
1 month after i got my car, some bozo in a bronco decided to run over my car in the freeway.. and my damage was about 6-7 in the driver side door.. it look kinda like yours but my door and front panels were all bashed in.

i told myself i wanted to trade my car in for another new lude.. seeing my poor lude all ****ed up probably got me all hyped up. But when i got my car back from the body shop, everything was coo, so i didn't sell it.

just to let you know, you may change your mind in about 4 weeks.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.bjunkyard.com" TARGET=_blank>

</A>

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bronx99:
1 month after i got my car, some bozo in a bronco decided to run over my car in the freeway.. and my damage was about 6-7 in the driver side door.. it look kinda like yours but my door and front panels were all bashed in.

i told myself i wanted to trade my car in for another new lude.. seeing my poor lude all ****ed up probably got me all hyped up. But when i got my car back from the body shop, everything was coo, so i didn't sell it.

just to let you know, you may change your mind in about 4 weeks.

</font>
Nah, I hydrolocked the motor and got a replacement at 11k and my last few oil changes showed some metal that was disturbing to me. Plus both the (B?) and (C?) pillars are bent along with the shock tower in the rear. Something tells me there will only be more headaches later and I never was fond on the ATTS "driving" for me. I wanted a Silver lude when I got mine but there was only Crystal Blue then. I wish it didn't happen but it just feels so tainted now

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
You hydrolocked the motor? That's the first time I've heard of that happening on a 'lude... I've driven through torrential downpours and foot deep puddles, and haven't had so much as a stutter

AEM? Iceman?

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spite:
You hydrolocked the motor? That's the first time I've heard of that happening on a 'lude... I've driven through torrential downpours and foot deep puddles, and haven't had so much as a stutter

AEM? Iceman?

</font>
Yup I hydrolocked the motor at 11k miles. It was a mess..cracked block, broken piston, rods gone, vavles gone, head gone, etc.... I was running the Iceman at the time and the puddle was very deep but there where other sh1t cars going though it without a problem so I go snowed into thinking I could too. I went into it there was a van in front of me that sort of caused a wake and that was all she wrote!

Took Honda 6 weeks to get a short block for me!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Do you have any pictures? I did a search but couldn't find anything.

------------------
'99 Nighthawk Black Prelude Type SH

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Sounds like time for a new Lude chapter after this one. Sorry to hear that again about your car but a car can be replace, it just takes time to forget the old one, something like an ex gf

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
thatpreludeguy,

the accident record will still tag along with the prelude vin number though right? so any buyer can do a lookup and find out the history of the car.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
just thought of something hahahahaha

what if the person you sell the car to, becomes a prelude enthusiast... and starts posting in hanet?.. then one day he does a "search" and somehow finds out about all these posts??????

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by iranman:
jkoc, get some sleep, bro....hahaha
</font>
hahahaha sorry i had a long work day.. i'll sleep hehe this crap is addictive

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkoc:
just thought of something hahahahaha

what if the person you sell the car to, becomes a prelude enthusiast... and starts posting in hanet?.. then one day he does a "search" and somehow finds out about all these posts??????

</font>
Well if they ask when I sell it I'll tell them. I dont want to have that bite my ass later. However if they don't ask in reality it's their own fault. I know I wouldn't pay $17-18k for a car and not bring that up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts