Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
OG
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea so my new 215 tires are rubbing a bit and I wanted to get the fenders rolled. Any good shops in the Northern Virginia area? Or someone with a garage so I can do it myself? :D

·
OG
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
bolivianfuego said:
Look up ultimate motorsports. I was thinking about using them when i was going to roll my fenders a while back.
Thanks, I'll look them up and check it out. :bigthumb:

Yea I don't know what the cost is either, but I'm assuming it can't be THAT much... doesn't seem like a whole lot of work.

EDIT: According to www.ultimatemotorsports.com, there's a dealer named "BDE Racing" in VA... it's about 30 mi from where I'm at in Fairfax, so I'll give them a call later and see what they can do. Judging from the website this place seems more like a real racing shop as opposed to a typical aftermarket shop, but it's worth a shot. :p

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
You can do it yourself . . . . Just use a wooden baseball bat & lever it against your tire (jack up the corner you're working on until you can just slide the bat between the tire & fender). Go slow, and work your way back and forth around the fender, bending in small increments so you don't chip the paint. Use a heat-gun/hair-dryer to warm up the metal/paint.

disclaimer - I've never done this myself . . . . but back in the day I remember seeing a how-to with pictures from someone doing it on their Integra . . . . If I needed it, I wouldn't hesitate to do it on my car.

·
OG
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ Yea I totally would do it myself, I read about a similar method, but I don't have either the tools or the garage to do the work in, so I guess I gotta hit up a shop. :p

For those of you interested, I did some more research and found a couple other places that should do the roll (I'm calling them after work to confirm): Pro-imports in Gaithersburg, MD (www.pro-imports.com) and Curry's Auto Service at multiple locations in NoVa (www.currysauto.com). I might go with this last one just because it's the closest. And I'll see if I can get them to shave off those damn tabs while they're at it. :D

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Man, took me a while to figure out where the hell this thread was moved to.

soniclude said:
^^^ Yea I totally would do it myself, I read about a similar method, but I don't have either the tools or the garage to do the work in, so I guess I gotta hit up a shop. :p
Tools = bat, jack, and hair dryer.
Garage = a scrap of pavement you can claim as your own for an hour.

:)

For something easy like this, I'd seriously trust myself over any shop. If they charge more than a half hour labor, it's a rip-off - and I suspect it'll be more than that.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Do you really have to though? I remember doing it to my friends car with a baseball bat cuasing the paint to have those spider web cracks on the inside of the fender. Couple months after that happening it started to rust.

·
OG
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Daemione said:
Man, took me a while to figure out where the hell this thread was moved to.
Regional forum? WTF? Now no one will see it. :laugh:
Tools = bat, jack, and hair dryer.
Garage = a scrap of pavement you can claim as your own for an hour
Yea but I've got no place to plug in said hair dryer when I'm out on that pavement. :p I can only do things that don't require power in the parking lot (adjusting teins, etc.), hence my second question in the original post. :p

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
a shop is going to do it the EXACT same way, either with a bat or a ball end hammer and tapping the part.

And you'd seriously PAY someone to shave the tabs? haha, are you from california? Only someone from cali could be THAT lazy.

I'm kidding, of course.

But I'm about an hour away, if you want to drive up here I'll shave them for you, free of charge. :laugh:

·
OG
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Vapor said:
And you'd seriously PAY someone to shave the tabs? haha, are you from california? Only someone from cali could be THAT lazy.
Yes, I'm lazy, but not THAT lazy. I'd only make them throw it in for free if I was already getting the fenders rolled. Duh. :malken:
But I'm about an hour away, if you want to drive up here I'll shave them for you, free of charge. :laugh:
Haha NOW you tell me... I already ordered my Dremel so I think I can take care of it. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts