Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just recnetly washed my car, and knoticed that my hood is really blurry. well not ultra blurry but not shiny where i can see a clear reflection like on the rest of the body. anyway i tried using scratch x, bug and tar remover, polish, wax, simple car wash *obviously and its still the same except real slippery :D anyway, any recommendations?anything at all will be appreciated thanks
-Dan

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
chinqlinq said:
well i just recnetly washed my car, and knoticed that my hood is really blurry. well not ultra blurry but not shiny where i can see a clear reflection like on the rest of the body. anyway i tried using scratch x, bug and tar remover, polish, wax, simple car wash *obviously and its still the same except real slippery :D anyway, any recommendations?anything at all will be appreciated thanks
-Dan

blurry as in a blotchy look?

the last time i saw that happening, claybarred the area, polished wit a buffer and waxed the area wit the buffer and the shine came back. dunno if it'd be the same for you also

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess i shouldn't say blurry, its more like its very dull. It's hard to get a good relfection off the hood as opposed to the body. Although ill try what you just suggested, i hope itll work. thanks
-Dan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
once i wash my car again, ill take some pics and show everyone whats going on, although my digicam i dunno if it will pick this up. but ill keep it posted.
-Dan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just the basic wash, wax with 100% cotton cloths...i don't think i've used any harsh stuff...

·
sis0rueN
758 Posts
Did you wax OVER the dullness? Maybe you should try and strip the wax, do a claybar/polish/rewax and see?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts