Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
I think thats a good price...where are u getting it...I want a red 1. Please e-mail me. Thanks.

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

·
Registered
800 Posts
They are usually around $175 to $200 w/o shipping. If you're getting it (hopefully) from the same place I am keep it quiet

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dude, what's up with the 'keep it quiet'. I thought one of the main reasons why everyone uses this board is to benefit from sharing of knowledge. Technical, sales, etc etc.

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bud1:
Dude, what's up with the 'keep it quiet'. I thought one of the main reasons why everyone uses this board is to benefit from sharing of knowledge. Technical, sales, etc etc.</font>
I was just kidding. If you really want to know it's only the blue cover and they're on eBay. but if anyone out bids me I'm kicking some a$$.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Registered
957 Posts
Sure, keep on copying off me David!

That price isn't bad, that's exactly what I paid for mine shipped.

·
Da Monkii
3,076 Posts
A local shop said he can powder coat it any color i want on the valve cover, do you tink is good to get it powder coat or get the real deal? job will be 90-100. what you guys think??? I properly get EBP alve colorsince my car is that color.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
What are the advantages of buying the blue cover over getting it powder coated? I don't understand why someone would pay $150+ for something that can be done for under $100.

·
Registered
957 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BottleFedLude:
What are the advantages of buying the blue cover over getting it powder coated? I don't understand why someone would pay $150+ for something that can be done for under $100.
</font>
Advantages:
1. because it's JDM
2. because it's JDM
3. did I mention it's JDM

seriously, you could always sell your JDM cover down road for some cash and put your stock cover on (assuming you kept it). That's what I plan on doing...parting out my car before I sell it oneday.

------------------
Steve
2000 Prelude SS
"Mugen Equipped"

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
how hard would it be to paint it yourself anyhow? I didnt think it would be that much harder than painting your own calipers.

I remember malken painting his white himself.. anyone else know from experience?

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 00vtecLude:
how hard would it be to paint it yourself anyhow? I didnt think it would be that much harder than painting your own calipers.

I remember malken painting his white himself.. anyone else know from experience?
</font>

I'm with you, I'd rather paint it myself then pay for a JDM one as much as I'd like one. You could paint it with some hi-temp paint, do a bunch of coats and then when it's really dry like a day or so later hit the raised parts with a dremel and get that nice brushed aluminum look back on the letters.

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
i paid $179 for mine from Lightning Motorsports. A lot of places I've seen have been selling them in the $220 range. For $155 make sure it is the real JDM cover.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
#550/2500
OEM body kit
JDM fogs and blue valve cover
Happy luding

·
Registered
825 Posts
it's on Ebay for $155 right now

------------------
KQ