Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if POLARG makes REALLY BLUE DOME BULBS? or only hyperwhite? Cuz the blue ones in the red package (some japanese brand) are kinda purple, and u can't see shiet at nite time. My friend has a blue dome bulb, but she doesn't remember the brand, but it's hella bright blue. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Is her's bright blue like this?

What i would do is get some bright leds.. wire them to the dome light. Of course it's a lot harder to do then just saying.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by checkmate58:

What i would do is get some bright leds.. wire them to the dome light. Of course it's a lot harder to do then just saying.

--Sam

</font>
man... it is so bright... do your eyes hurt when you drive at night?

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
No...it actually makes me want to go to sleep. The low rumbling of my exhaust makes me feel sleepy too..anyways..I drove about 6 hours straight with them on and my eyes were fine.

==Sam

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea hers is kinda blue like that, but i saw it was an actual fuse type dome bulb. it was blue leaning towards like a teal color during daylite. how did u get ur dash like that? but yea, so if anyone knoes, just hit me up w some ideas.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
the the soei ones (red package) are more purplish...i'd try just ordering a generic blue bulb...you'd have more luck finding those and they are everywhere

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aZnRYcEbOi:
that dash is cool..how'd u get it like that???

</font>
My friend made it for me for my birthday. It took about a good two hours.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by checkmate58:

--Sam

</font>
hmm.. not to be mean or anythign but thats exactly how my sisters 94 stock accord is like. they have lights (green) lighting down on the panel like that. personally, even if it was dimmer, i wouldnt like a source of light shinning "on" the guages. it jsut kinda downgrades it imo. i would keep it so its only lights coming "from" the guages...

buy anyways, werent we talking about dome lights? i was thinking about spray painting mine with a clear blue model paint or somthing. then back it up with foil to make it brighter...?

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 22, 2001).]

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Ng Luder: to each his own.. anyways.. spray painting the bulbs with model spray...it'll work..but i think the bulb/color might fade after a while...just like how people use 'candy apple red' model spray for tail lights. I still think the LEDs in the dome would work the best. I'll post a pix if i do it as a project when i'm bored.

--Sam

------------------

G

·
I agree...all the older models of hondas use that kind of lighting scheme to luminate the dash. Saw it on a shi tty golf too. I was like ewwwww. Yours doesn't look so bad though.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
hmm.. not to be mean or anythign but thats exactly how my sisters 94 stock accord is like. they have lights (green) lighting down on the panel like that. personally, even if it was dimmer, i wouldnt like a source of light shinning "on" the guages. it jsut kinda downgrades it imo. i would keep it so its only lights coming "from" the guages...

buy anyways, werent we talking about dome lights? i was thinking about spray painting mine with a clear blue model paint or somthing. then back it up with foil to make it brighter...?

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 22, 2001).]
</font>

------------------

1 - 17 of 17 Posts