Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum and I have a big question. I bought my 89 prelude used and the speakers are blown. I knew that when I bought and now I want to replace them and get a nice quality system. Its basically a complete overhaul. What are some good speakers you guys suggest?

Thanks, Michael

·
Registered
388 Posts
JL all the way and I've owned alot of different speakers. Nothing sounds like em when they're ran right. Onlinecarstereo.com has great prices on their stuff.

Sent from my DROID X2

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
JL all the way and I've owned alot of different speakers. Nothing sounds like em when they're ran right. Onlinecarstereo.com has great prices on their stuff.

Sent from my DROID X2
That's the key.

Unless you are going to upgrade the head unit and add a amp, don't bother with any of the higher end speakers. They will all need more power than a stock radio can provide if you want them to sound noticeably better than cheaper crappy speakers.

·
Registered
388 Posts
An alpine pushed the speakers just fine and the clarity was rediculous. Had 2 12's as well with a 250w amp and it was great. Bass didn't over power the the speakers and was just enough to rattle the license plate not the whole car lol. Wish I still had them.

Sent from my DROID X2

·
Registered
41 Posts
Alpine Type-R's are the way to go! awesome sound for a great price, you might want to get an aftermarket head unit first though. Im getting two 12in kenwood subs in a couple days also

1 - 8 of 8 Posts