Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
yes, it's an ss
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
how do i know if my shocks are blown? i have kyb agx btw. everytime i go over a speedbump, it makes a slight squishy noise. i dont know if thats the shocks or not though.

·
Tein is your Friend
470 Posts
is your car really bouncy, Then yes they are blown. If your shocks are squishing and leaking fluid, then yes. If you bottom out after hitting little bumps, then yes.

·
yes, it's an ss
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well its not bouncy, its still really stiff. believe me, i can feel the jolt after every pothole. and i have no idea if its leaking any fluid, i guess ill check.

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
Fast&furiuslude said:
type in "shock knock" i the search feature.
shock knock != blown shocks

The best way to tell if you have blown shocks is to get outside the car and give a good shove on each corner of the car where the suspension is, if the car bounces back a few times the shock is bad. If it comes back with one bounce its good

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
I'm currently driving around on blown AGX's its hell. The rears make all kinds of funny noises and bounce all over the place. You would see a huge night and day difference if they are blown.

·
I kerned the Serif
742 Posts
FiLLuP, aren't you on Ground Control with AGX? If so, how much is your drop cause I see no finger gap in your sig...

·
Registered
616 Posts
my car squeaks too and its getting really floaty... guess its time to fork out some money and buy some suspension parts before exhaust? ;)

- M

·
Registered
777 Posts
What would it be if when you hit pot holes and stuff the back of your car kinda moves our from under you feeling, like the pot hole moved your car instead of yoiu going over, its hard to explain but i'm pretty sure my car's shocks are past blown

1 - 11 of 11 Posts