Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone help me out here.. I just drained all of my clutch fluid and then closed the bleed valve and refilled the reservoir. now my pedal has no pressure and sticks to the floor. how do i get the pressure back??

thanks for any suggestions.

G

·
Bleed the system. You have air in the lines.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
416 Posts
i think he may need specific details.

you just gotta do the whole thing over again.

1.place the open end of the tube higher than where the valve is. this way, no air will get stuck in the system and you can pump away on the clutch(by hand, since it's normal that it won't come up automatically).

2.when you have drained enough(while filling the reservoir, close the valve.

3. for good measure, bleed for a short amount again to ensure you have good pressure in ur system.

but the key here is having the open end of the tube higher than where the valve is.

and to close the valve while only fluid is coming out(i.e. no bubbles)

gluck.

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help guys.. I was trying to bleed the air out before but I think I let the reservoir get too low and allowed some more air into the system. This time I made sure not to drain it too much each time and the pressure eventually came back.

Next job is to flush the brakes. Will this be a similar procedure? And can anyone tell me where the bleed valve for the brake fluid is? thanks alot.

G

·
Have you never bled brakes before? You can't do it by yourself. You need at least one other person.

Only open/close the bleed valve when the system is under pressure, or when the pedal is on a down stroke.

Bleeding the brakes is the same, but there is a particular sequence to follow. The bleed valves are on the calipers themselves.

If you haven't bled brakes before, I suggest you find someone who is experienced in doing it to help you. The brake system is not something that the inexperienced should be fooling with.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

1 - 5 of 5 Posts