Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the "old" stlye greddy evo exhaust on my '00 Lude, and ive been having it for about 4 years now. well its starting to rust on the inside of the muffler. when i look into the tailpipe the core of it is what seems to be rusted and broken up. that inner core is moveable and i can see mesh like stuff that goes around it. also i have this black soot all over my bumper and its pretty bad. when i gun it black smoke comes out the back. im not due for an oil change for another 2000 miles. do i need to get a new exhaust? im not sure what to do any help is appreciated.

Dave

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
Honda's in general and the Prelude even moreso, I believe, tend to run rich. As a result, that black soot is somewhat "normal". However, whether that is unburnt fuel, or melted pieces of your breaking exhaust I don't know.

If I were you, look into another exhaust. That one doesn't sound like its in the best of shape.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, but i thought that it seemed wierd. all the years ive had this car and exhaust it only started doing it lately. a new exhaust sounds nice. how much do the new style greddy evos go for? i believe they come all stainless on the outside.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts