Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Shadow stylin
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i've tried running but after a while my knees start hurting. I found that biking gives me a good workout without the impact. What kind of bikes for around $120 could I get thats pretty good for just biking around the neighborhood and trails?

·
woop woop!
3,697 Posts
Sup Mike. My pops bought one of those indoor bike machines... works like a charm. But as far as real bikes, I don't have much experience with different ones, but I do know the more comfortable and better bikes to get for distant journeys are ones with soft big seats as well as a seat damper... I took my streetbike from san jose to morgan hill through the coyote creek trail and damn, my ass hurt like a mother after that...

but yah, I'm quite the novice biker... I just bike far and long just for exercise lol. If you're looking for those tour de france looking bikes, :shrug: no opinions from me on those :p

·
former luder
719 Posts
SNsLude said:
But as far as real bikes, I don't have much experience with different ones, but I do know the more comfortable and better bikes to get for distant journeys are ones with soft big seats as well as a seat damper...
Wrong. :nono: Once you start riding you'll hate big cushy seats. They're more for visual and sales effect than actual comfort. People who ride all day use little narrow seats. The point of cush in a seat is to make up for it being the wrong shape. If it's the right shape (like a high-end racing seat), it doesn't need cush to compensate. Make sense?

I work at a bike shop, and I've seen lots of former runners come in looking for a bike because their knees are finally destroyed. Biking is good for you. :bigthumb:

If you spend $120, get something used. If you want a decent new bike, you'll have to spend more like $500. And if you spend in the $1000 range, you'll get something really worthwhile. I know, it's probably hard to adjust to price figures like that, but hey, compare it to the cost of driving, maintaining and modifying your car, and it will start to seem like nothing.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts