Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had warranty service done at a dealership in the Boston area? If so, what were your experiences?

I'm looking for a dealership to check out a "check engine" light on my 2001 Prelude, and the fact that it seems to be going through oil quickly (4 qts in about 2200 miles). That's with moderately "enthusiastic" driving after the 500 mile break-in period, but no racing on the street or track.

I live in Back Bay (downtown Boston) and I was planning to take it to Herb Chambers, since they're nearby -- but then I checked out their reviews at Service Planet, and they were unanimously horrible.

I'm now considering either Honda Village in Newton or Clair Honda in West Roxbury (where I bought my Prelude). Has anyone had any experience with the service at either dealership?

------------------
2001 Prelude 5-speed
Milano Red

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Honda Village sucks, too. Sorry. The best dealership I've used is Bernardi Honda in Natick (on rt. 9). It's a bit of a drive for you though, so I don't know what you want to do. Try Clair Honda if you can't make it out to Bernardi.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, jmcn.

Could you tell me a little more about your experiences with Honda Village? A friend at work told me that they were great.

------------------
2001 Prelude 5-speed
Milano Red

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sup Boston peeps

I got two services done in Commonwealth Honda in Lawrence and an oil change at Herbchambers in Boston (it was alright to me).
Commonwealth was great but too far for you. I waited for three hours since I couldn't go anywhere. But the best way for you is to drop it off at Herbchambers early (i mean, like 7 in the morning) and take the T to work or something. They do provide a shuttle, just gotta ask them. They have internet and TV in the waiting room.. if that helps. I suggest you to bring any services to the Honda dealer since they know our car the best. Even oil change.. i got it done in Valvorine once and they couldn't take out the oil filter. anyways, let me know if you need anymore info.

No experiences in Clair or Natick.

Did you get any thing done to your car??

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Commonwealth in Lawrence does have great service. If your willing to take the drive into Salem NH which is right over the boarder.

I'm good freinds with the service/parts manager his name is Billy. Nice guy and they do great work there

·
"PO Doc"
1,484 Posts
My car is sitting right now at Herb Chambers Boston. They seemed pleasant enough, getting me checked in quickly, although the guy who takes the keys had to ask me what kind of car it was?! I am getting teh ball joints replaced under the recall, which they didn't know about, but they seemed eager to work with me on it. I will keep you posted.

Neel

·
Registered
17 Posts
So where do you get your oil done??

Valvorine couldn't take out my oil filter.. type SH needs a special wrench. But I don't want a cheap oil.. so where do you go?

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went to valvoline in newton, the guy there was real nice, hooked me up with the best stuff there for 30 bucks. oh i have a base lude. But you should get that special wrench and have them do it, or better yet just do it yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts