Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have eibach prokits and I want to get shocks before I install the springs. Which ones will work best with eibach prokits?

Preylude

·
Offical Girl Hater.
5,892 Posts
2kPreludeSH said:
nothing beats a set of Koni Yellows:bigthumb:
agreed. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
DITTO!!! Koni:bigthumb: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
56 Posts
koni's wit eibach

it is a good setup, but i remember reading somewhere that for an sh, the eibach and koni is a bad idea...i don't remember why, its something to do with like the spring perches or something like that....i really forgot, ill do a search and see if i can show it to you. thats why im going with ground control and konis, eibach makes the spring that ground control uses so its the same thing but with height adjustability.

·
Offical Girl Hater.
5,892 Posts
Re: koni's wit eibach

LoLLyMeRyN said:
it is a good setup, but i remember reading somewhere that for an sh, the eibach and koni is a bad idea...i don't remember why, its something to do with like the spring perches or something like that....i really forgot, ill do a search and see if i can show it to you. thats why im going with ground control and konis, eibach makes the spring that ground control uses so its the same thing but with height adjustability.

you are correct. If you run eibach springs w/ the koni dampers, i know for a fact you need to contact koni, and get a special pearch for them. I had been at the koni distrubution center over the fall to talk with a rep about suspension setups, and he told me over and over again, to tell anyone that runs eibachs w/ konis, there is a chance the spring can come off the pearch, there for the car drops... if you are doing 80+ mph and this happens, i could be deadly.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
besides koni...what is the next best option for shocks to go with my eibach prokits?

It's for my 01 Prelude Type SH

Preylude

·
Registered
382 Posts
i'm currently looking for some shocks to go along with the eibachs on my SH. will there be a difference in ride height with the konis or tokicos? i don't want my car to be any lower...
oh yea, what's a good price to pay..

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Re: Re: koni's wit eibach

dohcpower said:

you are correct. If you run eibach springs w/ the koni dampers, i know for a fact you need to contact koni, and get a special pearch for them. I had been at the koni distrubution center over the fall to talk with a rep about suspension setups, and he told me over and over again, to tell anyone that runs eibachs w/ konis, there is a chance the spring can come off the pearch, there for the car drops... if you are doing 80+ mph and this happens, i could be deadly.
Thanks for that answer:bigthumb: I've swear i asked this question several times and no one gave me a reason:bigthumb: www.tirerack.com doesn't recommend it either

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
So once you get the perch from Koni everything should work fine?

I know there are a people hear with Pro-kit/Koni's and SH. They don't seem to have this problem. I have the same set-up, but I have a base model.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Mugenlude said:
So once you get the perch from Koni everything should work fine?

I know there are a people hear with Pro-kit/Koni's and SH. They don't seem to have this problem. I have the same set-up, but I have a base model.
yea same here, i have the same but with the base model. Does it make a difference between SH and base?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not going with koni when i get my shocks for my prokits....what else is there to get...the next best thing for my 01 Type sh?

preylude

·
Registered
456 Posts
Try going with the APS Koni's. I have a set with my Eibach's on my SH. The APS Koni's are modified by Neuspeed with a shorter stroke-which is better suited to lowered cars.

The only problem I had was with the ride height. I had to have the fronts set at the lowest position(out of 5--+.5",+.25",0,-.25",and -.5") which lowered it by half an inch and leveled out the car. That was right when I had them installed BTW.

I have had them on for about two years with absolutely no problems. The Koni's are my favorite mod, as they can totally change the character of your car with infinite settings within the 720 degree range.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts