Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was looking to upgrade my clutch next year and and I wanted to know what was the best clutch out there for the 5th Lude... I don't track the car or drag it but I would like to change the clutch to an aftermarket brand... Any suggestions or experiences?

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Dr James reccommended some brand RPS or something like that a while back. Anyone remember the exact name and website?

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred. Also now for sale Tanabe G Power Medalion for 280 and 18" Racing Hart TypeC5's (Price not decided yet)

·
Super Moderator
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, did it mention that I am running my car N/A? I don't have a Turbo or Supercharger... (otherwise, nothing too crazy...)... How is Neuspeed?

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
Get the ACT street setup. HA3-HDSS is the kit you want. Most people would agree you can't go wrong with ACT if you just want an aftermarket clutch kit. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by anubyss:
Get the ACT street setup. HA3-HDSS is the kit you want. Most people would agree you can't go wrong with ACT if you just want an aftermarket clutch kit. Hope this helps.</font>
Hey how hard is the pedal with that kit? Much harder than stock? Same?

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred. Also now for sale Tanabe G Power Medalion for 280 and 18" Racing Hart TypeC5's (Price not decided yet)

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
The ha3-hdss is a %41 increase in pedal pressure. Well that's what the site says anyway. I have the extreme kit (ha3-xtss) and the pedal pressure at least doubled. You get used to it quickly though.

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
What's a good clutch to run with a small shot of nitrous? I want it to feel pretty much like stock and last a long time...I would sacrifice some grip for those two things.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

[This message has been edited by jmcn (edited April 25, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Originally posted by jmcn:
What's a good clutch to run with a small shot of nitrous? I want it to feel pretty much like stock and last a long time...I would sacrifice some grip for those two things.

How small is the shot?

Assume it's < 75, I'd say a stage 2 from ACT will serve ur needs. Clutch will be a lil stiffer but u can get used to it pretty quickly. As for longevity the clutch should last as long as u don't abuse it too much! "U KNOW"

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
RPS grabs hard as hell and is barely any stiffer than stock. Most of my friends have them or are buying them. I will be doing the same.

------------------
14.6 @ 93.6mph with I/E

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
oh and the RPS's dont come with the clutch bearing so you have to buy one from Honda. I am not sure if other clutches like ACT come with them or not.

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
so i should go and get a Honda OEM throw out bearing when i finally get the ACT clutch installed? hmmmm...

------------------
AIM: ImagePree

**scratch here, ding there. Sigh...**
OG H-A Member
Who else wants these Jammies???

1 - 20 of 31 Posts