Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Spring has finally arrived in Buffalo(as of like a week ago), my car is in desperate need of a detailing. I currently use Eagle One Teflon wax, but was wondering what everybody recommends. I get pretty good results from the Eagle One. It's real easy to apply and remove, and the finish looks great. Also, I just read on a couple of threads at www.s2000online.com that people are recommending some stuff called Zaino! Has anybody ever heard of this/used it?

Waxing takes a lot of elbow grease, and before I do this, I wanted to find out if anybody thinks there is anything better out there.

Thanks!

----------------
Cranium
2000 Prelude SH
Milano Red

[This message has been edited by CRANIUM (edited April 09, 2001).]

·
too much jdm stuff
842 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Meguiar's, hands down.

www.meguiars.com

</font>
You shall use no other.

Try the high tech yellow wax #27. It comes in liquid or paste. I prefer liquid. Also, get the mirror glaze and quick detailer. There's a guy over at SHO that really knows what he's doing as far as detailing. I know they made a detailing forum just for him, and I think he's the only one that moderates it. His name is Scott I think. Really good guy. Owns a detail shop. I'll post more stuff up when I get home. But I have a crap load of detailing stuff.

-e-

------------------
[tHåt©hMå§të®]

95 VTEC Prelude - RS*R, powerslots, Axxis metal masters, Toyo FZ4s, **type-S intake (thanks Andy!!)** 15.040 @ 92.85

95 VTEC Del Sol - AEM, Bullfrog TB, N2 header, Greddy SP, Powerstop Xdrilled, Z3 fenders

www.thatchland.com

·
too much jdm stuff
842 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pete:
3m is better than Meguiar's</font>
pffft

3M does make good stuff, I just have never tried it. I've been very pleased with the results from Meguiars. Didn't want you to think I was flaming you

-e-

------------------
[tHåt©hMå§të®]

95 VTEC Prelude - RS*R, powerslots, Axxis metal masters, Toyo FZ4s, **type-S intake (thanks Andy!!)** 15.040 @ 92.85

95 VTEC Del Sol - AEM, Bullfrog TB, N2 header, Greddy SP, Powerstop Xdrilled, Z3 fenders

www.thatchland.com

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Meguires is good, but in my experience, their waxes do not last very long... Maybe 3 rain storms if I'm lucky.

I use the 3M "Perfect-it Show Car Liquid Wax" now. I have yet to find another product that offers a better combination of looking as good and lasting as long. On top of all that, the 3M line is relatively cheap too.

When I had my old Black Prelude, I used to use the Meguires Body Scrub on trouble spots. Then I would use 3M Swirl Mark Remover, then the 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, then the 3M Liquid Wax. It looked amazing, and lasted for months.

Now I have a White car so I can get away with just the Wax and save myself half a weekend...

Andrew

·
>> Tragedy For You <<
725 Posts
Yeah, I've heard of Zaino's ALOT over on NewCelica.org.. it seems like half the ppl over there use it.. They all seem to rave about it being the next best thing since sliced bread so I guess it must be half-way decent..
Check out this link below where you can find out some more about Zaino if you search ...

http://www.newcelica.org/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Wash+|AMP|+Wax&number=14&DaysPrune=5&LastLogin=

I use Meguiars Gold-Class myself..

------------------
.:Modern Angel:.

2001 Toyota Celica GT

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I use Meguiars and 3M products one after the other and I have found way better results with the application, finish, and durability of the 3M products. Meguiars is good but as far as applying it, it sucks. I have tried applying it a hundred different ways and it clumps, streaks, swirls (even after I have used swirl reducer) and is a bizotch to get off.

I would like to try Zainos though, everyone says that it works great. The car is my sig used Meguiars polish right before the pics.

------------------
14.6 @ 93.6mph with I/E

·
Registered
218 Posts
I use Meguiars and I'm happy with it, though my other friend insists on using mothers, i figured they won't differ that much

G

·
Finish first was rated best car wax by almost every forum online. Click the link below to get to their website. That is all I use on my car.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malken00:
Finish first was rated best car wax by almost every forum online. Click the link below to get to their website. That is all I use on my car.
</font>
is it just because they're one of our sponsors?

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malken00:
I like to rub my nipples while watching the shopping channel </font>

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
Originally posted by malken00:
</font>
is it just because they're one of our sponsors?

------------------

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts

Did that with Mothers 3 step system. When that runs out I'm using either Zaino Bros. or Finish First next.
(EDIT: Damn I am not on the ball today)
------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Joon525 (edited April 09, 2001).]

·
Registered
416 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:

Did that with Mothers 3 step system. When that runs out I'm using either Zaino Bros. or Finish First next.
(EDIT: Damn I am not on the ball today)
</font>
good job jooner. been using mother's goodz myself. you know what really
seals in the shine the best tho..kimchi juice. forget zymol man..that red juice works!

"dase suh shanee" ..my FOB neigbor everytime she sees me waxing.

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
i have only used meguiars and i am totally pleased with all their products and the results i get form them. i have NEVER has a hard time applying or taking off or using any of their products unlike some people say about their wax. i have yet to try M3 or that zaino stuff though. but i will soon to see the difference.

ive posted this MANY MANY times but heres pics again:

(a pic of a just washed car before using meguiars stuff on it)

(before and after polish)

-its very hard to get reflection like that on a light colored car

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 09, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
(before and after polish)

</font>
I have no doubt there's a difference between polishing and not polishing but I don't think these pics show any difference as they are taken at different angles.

Those FF pics are great though.....ever see the pics on Zainos Bros' site? Those are pretty crazy man.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

1 - 20 of 66 Posts