Honda Prelude Online banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Are they all 5 speeds? And yeah, I would love to see the wiring setup/diagram and as much info as you've got on it.

That black 5th gen has alot of stuff done to it, which I am loving. I take it that it used to be an SE (from the leatherette seats)? Has it had the auto to manual swap then?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
the black car is an EX. Came with the leather. Also is a manual tranny (non-swapped),
hard to believe I have only had this car a year and a half. I bought it stock for the most part.

my red car, was purchased as is, with h22 and auto to manual swap already done.
bought for $1900 as a DD. The guy originally wanted $3300.
and sold it to me cause the head made a weird noise at 5400 which after tuning now makes that weird noise at 4600,
also commonly called VTEC.
I had to throw new axles on due to binding, he was using CL axles, so I put the stock accord ones on,
and perfect-o past inspection. Also had to put power steering to pass the inspection.

But yes they are all 5-Speeds. I wouldn't have it any other way.
My brown car is sittin in California, where my bro is putting an s10 frame followed by a 350 in it.

as far as intersection lights:
use 87-89 nissan maxima relay with following:
R/W- 12v constant source ~ fused 15A
R/Y- low beam headlight lead
Orange- high beam headlight lead
Or/Blue- left intersection light
Or/Black- right intersection light
G/Y- left turn signal lead
G/R- right turnsignal lead
black- ground
*lead= the wire suppling the power to the light, not the gound-which is black*

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
naw, I don't dislike Tee-Dot, hell I don't even know the guy.
Plus its the internet, and us drummers always have a way to be fun like that.

Hey Tee-Dot, I am gunna get you a video soon...prob by next weekend brotha
I had an issue with the h23 boosted, so I got me another engine I am dropping in.
trying to get that done. But I have not forgotten about ya.
Post a link when your vid is up. I may have to break down and buy a cheap camera, otherwise, you may end up getting a vid of my DTX III piped straight into my mac. I'd prefer to use my, as you put it, $75 garage sale drumkit, though. :laugh:

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
here ya go man.
sorry took a minute, hade to setup a few things.

I really dig your playing sounds familiar!
but why electronic set?

YouTube - DrummerSteve7 Goin At it!
I live in an apartment, so there's really no way to use the acoustic drums at home. The electronics are great for demoing new material and band rehearsals. We plug the guitar, bass, and drums into a small mixer and plug everybody's headphones into a splitter. The nuances of the music are all very aparant, the volume isn't an issue, and we have the ability to record through my protools rig at any time.
I wouldn't even consider using the electronic kit for live performance, though.

Nice solo. Needs more cowbell! Should I throw something else a bit more 'soloey' up this weekend? :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
that would be cool man. I got 2 more videos im uploading right now!

I hear ya on the apt thing. Thats exactly what I thought.
But I can tell with the strokes your using it is a lot cleaner than mine.
I am all over the place. and rock out a lil much! hahaha

I would love to hear you on acoustic tho!

ya man of course more!

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
I'm in the process of building some type of riser to isolate the impact of the kit from the downstairs neighbors. They yelled at me last week. :eek: I'll try to throw something up tomorrow night when they're gone.

How do you go about making your recordings? I just run a cable out of the brain, straight into my imac with the stock ivideo program. Seems to work okay.

·
Lurkist
4,830 Posts
I like the DTXtreme III better than the comparable TD20 for a few reasons:

1. The DTX uses kit sounds sampled from actual Yamaha kits. It has an Oak Custom, Maple Absolute, Birch Absolute, Beech Custom, and a ton of other misc. kits. All the Roland kits (which I still like) are synthetic.

2. The DTX uses usb midi, in addition to the standard midi in/out jacks. This means that I plug a single standard usb cable into my computer to record in midi. No usb to midi adapter needed. Roland doesn't have usb midi. Also, the DTX has more individual outs and aux ins than the TD20.

3. All DTX pads (toms/snare/cymbals) are 3-zone. The toms get a head, rim, and crossstick sound. The cymbals get separate bell, bow, and edge sounds, in addition to the ability to choke. Another unique cymbal ability w/ the DTX is to be able to get another 'choke' type sound while holding the cymbal and hitting it. Just like the real thing. Roland only offers two zone v-pads, and a 3-zone ride pad. All other Roland cymbals are 2-zone.

4. The DTX has the ability to sample. The TD20 doesn't.

5. The DTX uses Yamaha's acoustic-based hex rack. I can mount my Maple Absolute acoustic kit to it with no issue. The TD20 uses a thin-walled steel rack w/ plastic clamps.

6. Price: Yamaha DTXtreme IIIsp - $3000 (recently reduced from $4000), Roland TD20 - $5200

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
damn brotha....thats good work.
who did that music?
sounds a little bit like Dave Weckl.

no return video as of yet being I am in a walking cast.
hopefully good news soon to get out of it.
I did the typical, roll my ankle slipping on ice effect.
Thank the boss man for a salary paycheck tho.

regardless, I will get one up for ya soon!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts