Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So when it was time for paint I decided to go with ITR championship white. I'll be honest I didn't feel like paying for the 3 stage (base, pearl, clear) paint. To save me from rock chips I had a 3m clear bra applied and would def. recommend it. Along with the paint came the new jdm fogs. Also added the rare gunmetal jdm grill.

·
FGP>EGP
7 Posts
U n me bro mu lude was my dream car and my first car that i ever paid for something that everyday represents a part of me. Even when ppl ask me if i would ever be intrested in selling it i say "im sorry my car is not about money, its just me..." corny i know anyways keep it up bro ur Lude shows the care you give it and my thumbs up to you sir.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Very good work Joe! I'm loving the Championship White and your red interior looks great too. Thanks for your hookups earlier! I hope you eventually find a steering wheel and maybe some other rims, but until then, keep up the good work!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Just got back from the shop and took some new pics of the latest and greatest.
Had an opportunity to purchase a used kteller equal length header from member here. I had contacted kteller out of curiosity to find out some history on these cause besides this one prepreludesh's was the only other one I had ever seen. Kteller was pretty amazed to see the almost forgotten header. He had also stated that a shop he provided piping and tools to, fabricated about 15 of them around 2004ish. The shop went out of business before another batch was made.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The first pic your looking at is were the down pipe passes the crossmember. This was custom done with flanges so that the header could be installed and removed without dropping the crossmember. Notching was also not needed.

The piping was painted with high temp blue paint for 3 reasons.
1. Adding color to anything gives you more horsepower.
2. To protect the aluminized steel from rusting.
3. Cause thats the only color they had

Heres what the header looked like upon arrival. The down pipe was cut and the flange added at that first weld.

Very happy with the clearance issue seeing that my car sits low

Added a magnaflow compact spun cat. Hasn't thrown a code yet.

I got around to doing my suspension a couple weeks ago.
Skunk2 coilovers, kyb agx shocks and ingalls adj. ball joints.

I kind of miss mowen sh*t over and not caring:(

I had a hard time figuring out how to remove stock ball joints from the UCA's, heres the tool I put together.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just what I was looking for, a WWRS rear with OEM sides, it looks quite good. I'm a bit surprised you went with the WWRS front as it seems to fit lower than the OEM sides.

Do you mind taking a picture of the WWRS from the rear with an angle where it will capture the lower rear lip bottom flare? It would be nice to see how the rear lip looks and sticks out at that angle in relation to the rear tire and OEM sides.

Thanks for this thread bud, I appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts