Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to bring the car in for a check-up - i have been getting knocking noises in the front since i put the teins in. the one closest to me, Hopkins Honda, is cool with mods (they even sell the JRSC there) but they want $42 for a regular oil change. there's no way i would have them service my car unless there is nothing better.

are there any good dealerships within 30 miles of mountain view/sunnyvale?

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
BEECH! :D Your a corrupt mod I tell ya! :D ........You're my hero :D</font>

·
Registered
394 Posts
Get AAA.
They will do a full check up on your car for like $80.
The AAA center you'd want to bring it to is near the intersection of Stevens Creek and Saratoga Ave.

BTW, I bought my Prelude at Hopkins Honda. They gave me over $1000 off MSRP when all other dealerships wanted $2000+ OVER MSRP.

------------------
Chris
Premium White '99 base model Prelude

· AEM Cold Air Intake
· Type S shiftknob
· ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Street/Strip Disc
· Fidanza Flywheel
· Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
· AEM Tru Power Pulleys

Stereo:
· Sony CDX-M750
· Precision Power PC4400.2 powering:
· Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" Components.
· Precision Power PC1400.2 powering:
· Single Image Dynamics IDQ 12 in a custom sealed box.

[email protected]

FOR SALE

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
What kind of noises? I don't recall hearing anything in the brief ride I took.

As for dealers in the area, there's Stevens Creek (Santa Clara or is it SJ?) or Anderson (Palo Alto). Anderson doesn't give out loaner cars (they have a shuttle service to drop you off/pick you up at work), but Stevens Creek and Hopkins both give out loaners. When I had my 98 SS in for it's 15K service, Hopkins was a little cheaper than Stevens Creek (maybe $20?).

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pork Chop:
What kind of noises? I don't recall hearing anything in the brief ride I took.</font>
it's a sharp metal-on-metal knocking noise coming from both sides of the car. i only get that when i drive *very* slowly, more so when i'm turning. it doesn't sound like it's coming from the teins... i had TimeRacer ride in my car and we think it could be from the sway bar. i have checked it many times and there's nothing else i can do except lubing the sway bar bushings, which didn't help much. i don't have the right kind of grease, but i don't think silicone grease is going to fix it.

------------------

·
Registered
666 Posts
are you sure its not shock knock?

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Strut Bar
32 Tint all around

·
Registered
666 Posts
weird.. im from sunnyvale.. haahaa, got my lude from anderson though.

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Strut Bar
32 Tint all around

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sk515:
are you sure its not shock knock?</font>
i'm sure. i had the shock knock fix a few months ago, and you only get shock knocks when you go over bumps right? i don't have that problem...

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
while i can't speak for their service department, i'd say DON'T go to the honda dealer in colma. i bought my '00 SH from them and they royalled *#$*ed everything up. it was a miserable, miserable experience. i get my service done at sf honda, which is conveniently on top of the subway station i use to get to work. they seem to have a good dept.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Well, this might be crazy, but why not take the swaybar out and see if it still makes the noises? If it still makes the noises, then it might be the Teins. If it doesn't make the noise, then it might be the swaybar.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pork Chop:
Well, this might be crazy, but why not take the swaybar out and see if it still makes the noises? If it still makes the noises, then it might be the Teins. If it doesn't make the noise, then it might be the swaybar.</font>
i'm pretty sure it's not the teins, because the teins have their own noise

taking out the swaybar is a pain in the ass! that's why i'm thinking about having a dealership check it
maybe you could help me find the noise on sunday...

------------------

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
i'm pretty sure it's not the teins, because the teins have their own noise

taking out the swaybar is a pain in the ass! that's why i'm thinking about having a dealership check it
maybe you could help me find the noise on sunday...

</font>
Ya, I guess it probably isn't worth the hassle of doing it yourself. It's almost time for your 30K anyway, so you might as well have the dealer figure it out for you.

I'll take a look at it on sunday...

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
Originally posted by Pork Chop:
What kind of noises? I don't recall hearing anything in the brief ride I took.</font>
it's a sharp metal-on-metal knocking noise coming from both sides of the car. i only get that when i drive *very* slowly, more so when i'm turning. it doesn't sound like it's coming from the teins... i had TimeRacer ride in my car and we think it could be from the sway bar. i have checked it many times and there's nothing else i can do except lubing the sway bar bushings, which didn't help much. i don't have the right kind of grease, but i don't think silicone grease is going to fix it.

i have the same freaking noise from the rear....

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
i totally recommend Andersons Honda in Palo Alto. they do all the warranty work on my car and never give me a problem with anything. they even have a van that can come to your house and do small things like fixing a broken motor in the door panel...

Tim

[This message has been edited by Pure Lude (edited April 19, 2001).]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts