Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody thought about doing this in a 5g? Is it against the rules in say... Showroom stock? (I don't know... we don't really have enough cars here to give rewards, nevermind use classes

That would be a fair bit of weight distribution... A battery weighs what? 35lbs? Say 30 for ease of calculation. The 'lude weighs 3000lbs, so the battery makes up 1% of the difference. Now you move the battery from the front to the rear (say behind the rear seat, above the rear wheels), and you've got around 2% weight distribution...

-spite (pointing out the obvious since 1978)

------------------

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

G

·
I am looking into it, but I won't be corner weighting the car anytime soon, so I am not sure of the exact effect on weight distribution.

I am looking into using an Odyssey PC680 battery. Only 15 lbs!! It's a lightweight battery, and probably shouldn't be used for everyday driving (it's basically a motorcycle engine) However, it's a non-lead acid battery (I think it's an absorbed mat battery, but I am not sure), and has very high capcities for such a small battery.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
951 Posts
I ran a post through a while back asking about this. I've purchased the Moroso Battery box and all the wire and connectors to make the move. What I found though, is that with the way the box connects, it's gonna be a pain to install it. The exhaust and heat-shield will have to be removed to be able to bolt through the trunk floor.

I'm going to do it, I'm just waiting until I have my exhaust for another reason to do it. Someone else was saying they just replaced the fiberboard backing of the carpet with a board and bolted to that. I've already stripped my trunk though, so I can't do that... I don't like that idea anyway...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts