Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Unregistered
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ugh, i was all happy with installing the amp for my front components, but after much driving and testing, they were getting bass distortion. stupid Pioneer must have set the bass cut off too low in the crossovers for these things :mad:

I installed some bass blockers in line with the positive speaker cable, but i don't know at what frequency they cut off since i had 2 pairs and one was at 250hz and the other pair at 500hz. either way, they helped to some extent, practically eliminating all the low frequencies that went to the speakers.

what should i do? i was thinking of getting a pair of bass blockers similar to these that i found on crutchfield and installing them in line with the RCAs that plug into my amp.

i'd hate to blow up these speakers, plus the distortion kills my sound.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
G_Loc said:
nope... only low pass for some odd reason...

i guess that for $45 shipped its what i pay for eh? :)

i guess it does, plus..you dont want to use low pass on your components..only on ur subs.

if you have some money...get a diff 2 channel amp w/highpass...that'll solve your prob

·
Unregistered
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nooooooo

i can't. this amp is like the perfect size to fit under my seat and was nice and cheap. trust me, i looked everywhere for the right sized amp and this was the only thing i found.

·
Registered
695 Posts
two more things, do you have a high pass built into your head unit? you can do it that way, if not, then then off the low pass, and send the fullsignal and used base blockers, i think thats the only hope you have....goodluck

·
Unregistered
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my head unit sorta has a high pass.... FIE: Frontal Image Enhancer. Basically it just sends everything below a specific frequency to the rears only, but the highest cut off point is 250hz, which seems like its the same as the bass blockers i have installed now.

time to find some cheap RCA bass blockers then...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.