Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to get my ECU from my USDM H22a4 to run so I can pass smog in CA. The car ran fine with the oil pump swap but 10 miles later my CKPS failed. So I tried wiring the the JDM dizzy up to the ecu. Then I got random misfires. So I tried the CKF bypass which threw a code for the CKPS. In the same article it said to then depin 2 wires from the splice. Now I have a nostart.
I've done everything to figure this out. Does anyone have experience swapping a EuroR into a base BB6 and passed a CA referee or even smog station test?

Resources:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a Euro R swapped SH running using the USDM ECU.
Not sure which parts you have swapped over from your old motor already, but a lot of parts from my original motor were swapped onto the Euro R to essentially convert it to a USDM motor.
(I probably left some parts out, but here's what I remember)
Throttle body
EGR valve
Fuel Rail + Injectors
Distributor + external coil
Crank position sensor
Crank pulley
Timing sprocket
Cam sprockets
Oil Pump
Alternator
IACV (using adapter plate)

Also got these parts from Rosko Racing

And did these procedures to the intake manifold

If you have everything swapped over and hooked up with no codes, I think you should have no issues with smog check.
Hopefully you got the t2w4 with the motor too, the car feels so much better with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you swapped cam gears? Also the alternator I never swapped didn't see a reason why, maybe you know of a reason for the cam gears or alternator needing to be switched. Also your running a EuroR IM. How do you pass smog with a bunch of shiny mod parts on IM, and no IAB? How do you not throw a code without the IAB plugged in if running h22a4 ecu? I bought all the rosko racing stuff. Never could get car to run right with EuroR manifold on. At least for smog. Other thing, what about lean condition with US injectors? So for 20 questions. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts