Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fairly new to this site so I'm not too sure if this has already been talked about but a few months ago I swapped my h23 for an h22 and had headers with a flexpipe put in when I picked the car up from the garage I accelerated it and, what sounded to me like the flexpipe, was popping. The loud popping sounds stopped after a couple of days then I took it for inspection and they said I had a leak in the exhaust. I then took it to two mechanics who told me there were no leaks but one guy said the motor was weak. The motor was actually very strong while the car was popping but as soon as the popping sound stopped the car wasn't pulling as hard. It feels like an exhaust leak like the lady at the DMV said but the two mechanics said they couldn't find any leak. What is wrong? I changed the spark plugs and there is ONE spark plug wire that is taped up with electric tape but I don't know that would cause a weak engine. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
Did the motor come with a new downpipe? If they used the H23 downpipe, that might be the problem.

Also, the shop may not have adjusted the TPS properly, which can cause popping out of the intake and / or the exhaust.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tps

What's the TPS? Yeah I'll take it back and have them fix it. And yes the motor did come with an exhaust manifold but then I had them put the stainless steel headers on. I may have left the part out where I was stuck in some snow the other day and I may have forced the engine too much and my father said that the "timing advance" could have been messed up. He said that maybe the crankshaft pulley may not be aligned anymore or in sync with some other stuff. Don't know exactly how explained so I'm lost on that part. What I do know for sure is that the motor feels weak and from what it sounds like sometimes I hear a very distant squeaking inside the motor. I could be hearing things though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts