Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have bad luck with shipping from online stores, mainly, carparts. I ordered an AEM CAI, and it took a month to get to me...and now, I ordered a DC cat back for my 94 Si, and the customer rep tells me that it is in stock, and it should go out the next day. Well, I check back on the status online, and the estimated ship date is May 31!!!! I call carparts, and they say that some other orders must have been fulfilled before mine, and that it WAS in stock, but now it is NOT, and it is on back order. Wow, I really wouldn't have ordered with them if I knew that it was gonna take this long, even with the discount that I got. Anyways, I think I'm gonna try to get the G power from them now, maybe a little simpathy discount from them, and pray to god that my order comes in on time for once. I'm giving them one last chance...

I'm sure that they are usually a good store, and their page seems really organized, I just hate it when things don't work out, and am just venting. Anyone have bad experiences with them?

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
I've heard other people having problems with Carparts.com. I haven't used them personally for that reason.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com
Please buy my extra ZEX nitrous kit!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you heard of good things about tanabe g power medallion? I think I'm gonna get that now since DC cat backs are on backorder. I hope the extra $$$ I spend on tanabe will be worth it.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
the tanabe is definitely worth it.

shipping with carparts is sketchy. you just gotta hope that what you ordered is in stock, or they can get in a couple days in one of their warehouses. i've ordered a few times from them. aem brake pads took about 8 days, msd wires took a week, and dc header took like 2 months.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sounds like these guys are super inconsistent. I wouldn't waste my time with them. Even with a discount.

------------------
OOkie
2000pearlWHITEbase

Cripes! Another white 5th gen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts