Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know this is kinda.. mm.. okay REALLY off topic.. but I thought you guys should know this.

For people who lives in Vancouver area, If you ever want to get your alarm installed, DO NOT go to Sound Image on No.3 Road in Richmond.

My g/f's car (95 Nissan Altima GXE) just went there for alarm installation.. for $199, they did a very poor job on it. According to a friend who took a look at the car afterwards, they just ran the wires accorss, and many of the important things were not even done correctly!!

Also, since her car does not have an central lock unit. Sound Image offered them to install central locking system, but @ $50 bucks PER DOOR! And they told them that they already gave them a discount since it was $75 per door! Therefore, had they listened to the guy there, they would have spent almost $500 (CDN) bucks on a normal car alarm with nothing special!!!!

Just thought that you guys should know.

Mods: please let this run a few days then lock it if you really have to?

Thanks.

·
0 Posts
Not to be a jerk, but what did you expect for $200? That's only $133 US!!!!!! That will only pay for half a day's labor at most good shops, and that's only the labor!

However, I bought a really nice alarm, from a very good shop, and I still don't like the way they installed certain items....

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have to agree with everyone else. Installing an alarm is not an easy task (I've done it). But for that price what did you expect. And putting in door openers is an expensive job. I was quoted $75(US) a door here so in no way is $50(CAD) outrageous.

Gabe

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's not a bad price actually, I paid 550 for clifford intelliguard 6000, including hood and trunk pins. I recommend boysclub, and if anyone in vancouver wants hook up just give me a email, i have a friend working there.

M

·
0 Posts
Heh, I bought the Python 600 series, have the trunk opener, window/sunroof open/close feature, proximty sensor, strobe activator, and a few other various relays
I probably am up in the neighborhood of $800 or so.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But just for the record. The friend who took a look at it said it'd only charge them $150 flat to get them all fixed up and including the central lock system.

That's hella cheaper then the 4 doors for $200+tax +crappy job that the origional shop guys were trying to charge them.

Besides, there are plenty of alarm kits that have the same feature that would cost only $100-150 CDN to get them installed at places like futureshop and Audio Video Unlimited.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts