Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to a mechanic friday to get the dizzy timed cuz i had taken it out to check it and replace the ICM, well he tells me the crank was a few teeth off and today he said that my auto tensioner came lose and needs to be tightened up but he needs a special tool......idk what to think. do you really need one?

Yes i should have installed a manual when i did the swap but funds fell short, i would do it now but need my car badly.

·
IM LOVIN IT!!!
2,339 Posts
^^ i went thur lik 4 auto tensioner already.. if your shop never did a manual swap i suggest dont let them do it..as for that tool i can get you one from my shop... n also u can just buy a new one is lik $75 buxx...how long has your auto tens. been used for?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the tensioner is farely new with prolly less than 60k on it cuz thats whats on the motor...ill probably buy a manual tensioner and other things after this, once they get it fixed.

·
Banned
223 Posts
JaXx4k said:
^^ i went thur lik 4 auto tensioner already.. if your shop never did a manual swap i suggest dont let them do it..as for that tool i can get you one from my shop... n also u can just buy a new one is lik $75 buxx...how long has your auto tens. been used for?
*coughs* low ball

the tool you need is crankcase holder, look it up on amazon, goes for $25 :eek:

·
IM LOVIN IT!!!
2,339 Posts
the piece you need is # 25 -stopper - $ 9.09+ shipping
the whole thing is #23 -ADJUSTER, AUTOMATIC - $ 68+ shipping

from honda auto motive

from what i know just buy the whole tensioner n have it replace... it never works the same once it come out...thats y i went thur 4 of them...

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Killer_Vtec said:
the tool you need is crankcase holder, look it up on amazon, goes for $25 :eek:
The crank pulley holder isn't going to do you much good when you're trying to compress the autotensioner to reinstall it.

You need #25 in the above picture. I had like 5 of them from old timing belt jobs, but I have no idea where they're at now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts