Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94' lude is gettin a fresh paint job this week and I wanted to know about tips, procedures etc I can relay to my body shop regarding the job cause i'm paranoid and i'd like it to be perfect. Bear in mind the work is being done by a very good shop and very knowledgable people, but hey I live in hicktown USA, they don't know the difference from prelude or camry
The color is R-81, stock Milano Red, he purchased pre-mixed R-81 from PPG, so far 55 dents/dings have been filled and sanded, 2 tiny rust spots on the wheel wells have been filled sanded and coated with rust inhibitor, next he plans to "seal" everything, next primer, next start sprayin paint, a few coats of course, next apply clear coat, a few coats as well and they finally wet sand it with 1000 grit and wheel it out with a buffer, how does this process sound? Anything to look out for? Think it's going to look really good?

------------------

1994 SI - VTEC hybrid, otherwise stock

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, I need the exact thing done to my lude... Same color, small dent removal, and even the removal of the rust above the wheel wells. How much is this costing you because I am hopeing to get it done this summer.... thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a 5th Gen Lude in Milano Red and have had body work done on it. What I discovered was that the proper way to get R81 color on your car takes a three stage process. The first stage being the main pigment (almost an orangey red). The second being a tinted clearcoat (on the purple side). And then finally, the protective clear coat is added.

I'm sure it can be done in one application, but it may not look entirely the same as what comes on the car brand new.

Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
overdose.... do you know how much it would be without the new windshield and new passenger side headlamp enclosure replacement. I know that different shops charge different amounts but I was just wondering what the paint and body work (dents and rust) would approx. cost. Thanks

·
Proud Daddy
4,863 Posts
See sig for what the Milano Red should look like in the sun when finished.

------------------
Warren

93 Prelude VTEC N/A (lots of mods) [email protected]

00 Honda Accord SE (stock)

·
Registered
162 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ahcjar103:
shouldn't the body shop know how to paint a car?

</font>
Hehehehe... yes they should. I'm an insurance guy, and the paint shops just love when I tell them how to do their jobs. I like it when they tell me how to handle insurance claims, too...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts