Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting out of my neighborhood and about to merge onto the main road when my ATTS light came on and the car jerked (the jerk could have been me w/ the clutch). I drove it slowly about a 1/4 mile and turned it off. When I restarted it the light went away and the car was driving fine. It was still driving fine when I drove it the 1/4 mile. I just went back to my house and left the car there.

Anyone know what the deal is? What could have caused this? Should I be concerned and contact Honda?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
i stalled a few weeks ago when a friend distracted me. i turned the car back on really fast and took off and the atts light stayed on. i pulled over turned it off and turned it back on and no light. everything has been fine since then.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think everything will turn out to be fine, but i need reassurance. i'm taking it to a honda dealership today.

·
Offical Girl Hater.
5,892 Posts
sometimes the ATTS gets a brain fart, and will throw a code for no real reason... just minor glitch... it has happened to me 2 times now, and every time i just turn the car off then back on again and everything is fine. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Yeah, it happens. As long as the light goes out after a restart (or ECU reset), don't worry about it.

Typically a semi-aggressive start going around a corner is what causes the ATTS to freak out on mine. Especially if the surface isn't a consistent traction level (dusty pavement, gravel, whatever). I don't think it deals well with different amounts of wheel slippage while cornering.

It's happened 2 or 3 times over the past 3 years to me - probably would happen a lot more if I didn't disable it in the winter.

·
Registered
839 Posts
the atts will turn off is one wheel spins more than the other. but there is a certain amout of time it has to spin more than the other for it to turn off. Mine has does it as well. But normally if you just reset the ECU it will all be fine.

·
Registered
661 Posts
My ATTS light turned on and stayed on for 3 months, then one magical day it just went away and hasnt been back since *knock on wood*

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i took the car in yesterday to honda and they said everything is normal and working fine.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Yeah my car will do the same thing from time to time as well. I've had the light trip most recently in conjunction with the AC of all things. I think a dip in current might be throwing the sensor off and tripping the light.

·
Putt Putt...Vroom Vroom!
2,821 Posts
i've only had my ATTS trip on me once, took a turn a bit fast with some loose dirt on it. Turned car off and back on, and there was no problem :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts