Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If my memory is correct, you have Tanabe Super H springs correct? How you do like them? same as stock on stock shocks? and is the drop noticeable.?? thanks.

------------------

Pearl White
00'SS

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
Yup.
I like them a lot. Still on stock shocks tho. But ride is nicer and definitely handles much better. Rides smooth too. Drop is a taaaaaad over 1" around. It's funny...on my rims it doesn't look as low, but once i put back my stock rims, the drop is sooo much more noticeable. Definitely recommended

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, how long have you had them for and how long do you think the stock shocks will be able to handle them? Also, where is the best place to get them?

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
Adam @ aieonline.com was where i got them from. $125!!! Buuuuttt cheap! I had to wait a little longer (about 3 weeks) for them, but he had informed me of this previously...but for that price...it was a good deal. A couple others from here @ ha.net also got theirs from him.

As for the stock shocks, wear would definitely be faster than on stock springs, but it's doable and the ride's still pretty nice after dropping (i.e. not bouncy at all). The springs have a nice progressive rate to them. I've been on them since beginning of february...

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
Dude...maybe it's just a pet peeve of mine, but i hate it when people use fingers to measure gap. First off...it's soooo damn inaccurate (some stick their fingers in at an angle, while others measure parallel to the ground. 2nd...some people have hella FAT fingers, or greasier fingers so they slip in easier. I dunno...
Ok...i'll shut up about that now...

Anyways...my tire/rim combo (215/45/17) is slightly bigger than stock, so that took away some more gap...i don't know. I've never measured with fingers. Just 1"...measure like that

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OvaDaLimiT:
Dude...maybe it's just a pet peeve of mine, but i hate it when people use fingers to measure gap. First off...it's soooo damn inaccurate (some stick their fingers in at an angle, while others measure parallel to the ground. 2nd...some people have hella FAT fingers, or greasier fingers so they slip in easier. I dunno...
Ok...i'll shut up about that now...

Anyways...my tire/rim combo (215/45/17) is slightly bigger than stock, so that took away some more gap...i don't know. I've never measured with fingers. Just 1"...measure like that
</font>
haha, how much is that in centimetres?? ehehhe j/k

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
actually i never knew the tanabe super H springs were only a minimal 1" drop. i'm looking to drop my car only a little bit (since i drive the car in the winter too). i looked into HR and Eibachs but i'm afraid even that might be too low for the winter, especially because i'm thinking of getting a body kit.. damn i hate winter!

got any side shot pics of your car with those springs?

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
I do, but they're really crappy (taken at night) and i need server space to upload to. I'll try to get an account up later tonight or tomorrow...sucks with my DSL down and all...I was hoping poop could've taken some pics of my car today at the autox...but he didn't go

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.