Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dilemma here....

I live in PA and the winters suck here....

i want to get a body kit....this one actually....

Octane Front
BW Sides
BC Rear

but I was wondering if I should because of the winter....

ive been thinking yes because I dont travel to school anymore and in september i should be working in NY...in which case i will probally drive my lude to the bus station which is 5 minutes away or take my dads hooptie so i really wont be putting the lude through the abuse of a PA winter like i was when i was going to college, so she wont see the road that much...i hope:rolleyes:

also, i still have the SH wheels on...and im dropped and im guessing i might have to raise it up...question is...do you think with the SH wheels, the front might be really low?

let me know what you guys think....all opinions welcome

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Why do you ask if the front would be really low with the stock SH wheels? The outside diameter with tires would be the same as with base wheels, and close to that of aftermarket wheels/tires for that matter.

I don't know about the clearance of the kits you mentioned. For those who do, you'll need to let them know how much lower than stock you're currently at.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 1/2 finger gap up front, 1 in the rear

i ask why the front would be low with the SH wheels is cuz that front does hang a bit low and i dont want it to be too low...

but my main concern is the winter

·
Registered
291 Posts
Having a lowered car with a kit is a b****, but it's well worth it. I say get it :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
BTW, I have bw sides, they hang really low and I'm slammed on coilovers. I don't have to put up with bad winters, but I face HUGE speedbumps everyday :(

Everything is still intact :knock on wood:

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the speedbumps im not worried about

i really want to get this body kit but i also have big doubts about it only because of the freakin winters up here.....god!

oh and do you have any pics?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I don't know much about bad winters, are you concerned with snow depth?

I will be posting pics of my car this summer when I mold and paint my greddy lip and mold the sides & rear to the car. Maybe some new rims...maybe.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well im not concerned with snow depth only because if its more than an inch or 2 i dont even bother taking my car out...so thats not a problem

i think im going to go ahead and get the kit.....

thanks for the help skinny

anyone else has opinions?? suggestiions???
feel free to post

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
anyone know how much an octane front and bw sides go for?

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bump

anymore opinions?

·
1st to make the playoffs
2,744 Posts
I have the octane front and BW sides with stock rims/tires and for me it was fine. There where two tiems where my drive way wasn't plowed so I couldn't go up cause the snow was to high but thats it. Octane is very low and people in RI area with aggressive say they crack them all the time but I haven't. If you are careful them you should be fine. I would go for it. Make sure you order them from distributors of the company. Don't get replica kits. And beware that fiberglass doesn't fit well all the time and might need some work.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok thanks enhanced

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the BW sides and dont have a problem in the Canadian winters. My Front on the other hand took a beating at stock hight in the winter. If you drive slow or have another car for those really bad days go for it. Also if your looking for BW sides I might sell mine so PM me

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Im lowered 1.5 all around with an OEM kit... and I live in New England..

I really didnt have any problems this winter, and it snowed a LOT...

·
less whore than before
3,648 Posts
^^I'm fine with the OEM kit in the winter, but anything more aggressive you may have problems with. You can always take it off and go back to stock for the winter, but do you really want to do that?

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thats what i was thinking but that would be a pain...

besides i bit the bullet and decided to just get a CF hood(really need a hood..paint chips) and i should be gettin my C5's anyday now

1 - 19 of 19 Posts