Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remembered you were skeptical about the why your car is producing less hp than expected. A possible reason could be the settings of your cam gears.
I am running Type S cams with Jun cam gears, I noticed with int+2, there would be a noticeable increase in midrange torque, but the highend power is forgone. Is that what you have? I suspect this setting is only good for factory cams, not the S cams.

I've tweaked the exhaust gear back and forth and found retarding seems to regain the high end power. Try -2 or -3, the car pulls noticeably better at the very top end.

Tell me how it goes.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
LVSBB6,
Yes, I am running +2 on the intake.
I'll try the -3 on the exhaust cam, thanks much sir...
I probably won't have time to adjust till Thurs (my next day off) but I'll definitly give at a whack.
How goes your Type S cams, no damage yet?
Have you upgraded springs/retainers/valves?
Thanks again,
Dan

------------------

Not your Grandmother's Prelude
http://www.hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=10306

AIM: coil222222
Yahoo: coil222

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem. I hope this can solve the problem, keep us posted =)

I just did my valve adjustment today, the cams and rockers look fine.
I haven't install the Type S springs yet, probably at the time I pull the head off for P&P.

As for your previous dyno, try setting the VTEC get in point at 4700, that should eliminate the spike around 5000. Also, I noticed there wasn't much top hp gain from your VAFC settings, you might wanna try richer settings at the top end.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by coil222:
LVSBB6,
Yes, I am running +2 on the intake.
I'll try the -3 on the exhaust cam, thanks much sir...
I probably won't have time to adjust till Thurs (my next day off) but I'll definitly give at a whack.
How goes your Type S cams, no damage yet?
Have you upgraded springs/retainers/valves?
Thanks again,
Dan

</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts