Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..my friend can get Brembo rotors(stock sized) pretty cheap so I will be ordering some just for the front.

Should I,

1.get slotted ones
2.cross drilled ones
3. or slotted AND cross drilled

???

I realize that slotted and cross drilled can offer the best performance…but I’ve heard of them cracking.

Any experiences out there?

Thanks in advance.


------------------
kimchi cures cancer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
951 Posts
Slotted.

I'm not sure if you're into track events, but many tracks won't let you run with cross-drilled rotors.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,936 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by johnsoncranium:
Should I,

1.get slotted ones
2.cross drilled ones
3. or slotted AND cross drilled

</font>
I agree w/Baked!

IMO, don't get cross-drilled, I had 2 sets previously and warped both of them. Cross-drilled does offer the best cooling BUT they are not as strong as solid discs. Slotted is the next best choice as it offers some cooling and retains its structure. It's best to use racing(hi-temp) brake pads along w/the rotors. Hope that helps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
also cross drilled rotors eat up your pads quicker

------------------
for sale:18" giovviona kuji rims w/toyo t1-s 215-35-18
 
G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by johnsoncranium:
Ok..my friend can get Brembo rotors(stock sized) pretty cheap so I will be ordering some just for the front.

Should I,

1.get slotted ones
2.cross drilled ones
3. or slotted AND cross drilled

???

I realize that slotted and cross drilled can offer the best performance…but I’ve heard of them cracking.

Any experiences out there?

Thanks in advance.
</font>
Does he have just plain Brembo OEM replacements for the Prelude? Not that Qualitee crap that people are putting into Brembo boxes, but actual Brembo rotors?

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,091 Posts
FWIW, I have Powerslot slotted rotors (from Brembo blanks) for the front end of a 5th gen for sale, not many miles or races on them. Email if interested, or check my ad in the for sale section.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Does he have just plain Brembo OEM replacements for the Prelude? Not that Qualitee crap that people are putting into Brembo boxes, but actual Brembo rotors?

</font>

acutal brembos


------------------
kimchi cures cancer
 
G

·
Okay, but does he have just plain Brembo OEM replacements (i.e. no slots, no crossdrilling, etc). I would be interested in a set.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Okay, but does he have just plain Brembo OEM replacements (i.e. no slots, no crossdrilling, etc). I would be interested in a set.

</font>

why? slots are bad too? ?? i just ordered mine, slotted but no drills.

------------------
kimchi cures cancer
 
G

·
I never said that, but I am interested in plain jane rotors. No slots, no holes, just a flat friction surface.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
I believe they don't come in plain jane vanilla like OEM..

There is engraving BREMBO on the middle edge railing...Everything looks legit..Comes with real Brembo boxes..I think they work better than OEM...Don't have them long enough to know if they will warp early. (500 miles)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 98SHDiamond:
I believe they don't come in plain jane vanilla like OEM..

There is engraving BREMBO on the middle edge railing...Everything looks legit..Comes with real Brembo boxes..I think they work better than OEM...Don't have them long enough to know if they will warp early. (500 miles)

</font>
did you get the cross drilled and the slotted combo? it seems they mostly come this way, and if you want just slotted or drilled, you gotta special order.

Billy, like 98 said, no luck on the plain rotors.



------------------
kimchi cures cancer
 
G

·
Brembo blanks can be had, you just have to find a dealer. I thought your friend could get them for a good price, so I asked. Forget I asked, I can just get them from Carbotech.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
831 Posts
Slots look cool. Powerslot uses Brembo blanks. I got me a pair. FYI, the paint wears off after a day. Then they turn Rusty.


------------------

98 Black Lude
5 Speed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
951 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gabedude:
Slots look cool. Powerslot uses Brembo blanks. I got me a pair. FYI, the paint wears off after a day. Then they turn Rusty.


</font>
Yea, well... rotors aren't for looks anyway...
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top