Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Da Monkii
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to all the owner of the prokit, can you see if you have like 3 finger gap in the front wheel and two in the rear. To me this is weird. I got the spring use so the spring already settle down already. Is this okay? 3 inger gap in the front and two in the rear.

BTW mine is a 5th gen

·
Registered
648 Posts
Stock shocks? What size wheels do you have?

I have a 2 finger gap in the front and a 1 finger gap in the back. Eiback prokits, Tokico Illumina adjustables and 215/40/17 wheels (5th gen).

------------------
Yum, VW GTIs for breakfast lunch and dinner...

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
i have a 1 finger gap all the way around w/ pro-kits and koni yellows. But the extra ~.5" was because of the shocks (lower perch setting).

Hm.. but 3 finger gap seems to be a little much because stock was 4. You sure you put them on correctly and didnt mix up the front with the back?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
stock isnt 4 fingers.

my stock is 9cm -- thats not 4 fingers hehe. unless you have some FAT fingers

[This message has been edited by jkoc (edited April 21, 2001).]

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Yeah..Eibachs..from what i heard..are like that..lower in the back..higher in the front. THat's why i didn't get them.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Da Monkii
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
forgot to mention that i have a stock shock and stok rims. anyhow my car is like 4- 6 months old, but to me it seem like there is something wrong with the spring since i got the use. anyhow 3 finger gap in the front and two in the back. the front look lke stock if you look at it justa glance. Is it b/c my stock shock is not settle???? any suggestion?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
sorry to hear that bro but i have a problem similar to yours also. i just bought some used eibach prokits from this guy from new york.i don't know if he ripped me off or not but the front driver side of my car is 1/2 inch lower than the passenger side.fl-no finger gap,fr-1 1/2 finger gap,rl-2 finger gap,rr-almost 3.my **** is all ****ed up so i'll probably just buy h&rs.

·
Registered
666 Posts
mines 2 fingers in the front 1 in the rear

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Strut Bar
32 Tint all around

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
are they installed correctly?? maybe the front and rear are reversed....just a thought. Because i used to have prokits in my car and the front/rear sat even.

need4speed: i know some people have the same problem as you do with all kinds of springs..not just eibach. when i had my prokits the front left was also a little lower but not that much. I think it has the do with the weight of the car. I have sportlines now and i'm happy with it...no uneven gaps.

Also i would check the top strut mount to see if its lined up correctly and sitting in the mount correctly.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
I don't know..but maybe you're suppose to cut part of the bumpstop off? just a guess.. no experience with eibachs either...but i know my friends integ is higher in the front also with his eibach springs.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Da Monkii
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well ou uys thin, should i take it out and put in the stock one, ad wait when i have enought for some GC coilovr and shok, or i just **** it and leave it there so i just replaceit later?? suggestion? smd like a got problem but not big its just 3 finger gap in the front and 2 at the back. Also do you have to cut the bumber sotop on our cars too? maybe thats a problem. b/c i don't think this shop had cut my bumber stop since he id prety quick

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
the front looks higher than the back because the fenders are cut differently (front is higher). so it looks like the rear is lower when the car is actually even.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I guess this is an ongoing thing-so here is a real answer.
First measure the distance from the ground to the center of the wheelwell lip. Set the tapemeasure so it lines up with the center of the wheel. The distance stock is 25.5" front and 26.5" rear. W/Eibach Prokits on my 5th gen the distance came down to ~24" on all 4 corners. YOU MUST cut the bumpstops-generally the first rib facing the shock is removed. More if Eibach says so.
Needless to say I run Koni "yellow" shocks
------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

[This message has been edited by jc836 (edited April 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
if you JUST had them installed then you have to give it like 2 weeks to settle. I know i had like about a 2 finger gap all the way around right when i installed it (RS*R down). and after the springs settled i have like 1 finger gap all the way around.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

G

·
that kinda sucks...my stock height was four fingers all around...I don't think I have fat fingers either

------------------

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jc836:
YOU MUST cut the bumpstops-generally the first rib facing the shock is removed. More if Eibach says so.
Needless to say I run Koni "yellow" shocks
</font>
how come you have to cut the bumpstops? I dont recall doing that with mine and it seems ok... unless the mechanic did it when we had him take a look at it..

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
mines is that same thing. 2 finger gaps in the front and 1 in the back. i wish it was the other way around. anyone knoe if other springs are like that?

------------------

aLwAyS lOoKiNg To Go FaStEr
2000 Crystal Blue Base Prelude
OEM Body kit
AEM CAI
EIBACH PROKIT
Dc Front Upper Strut Tower Bar
Dc Rear Lower Strut Tower Bar
Mobil One Synthetic 5w-30
AUDIO:Alpine 7965 CD deck,Mtx Thunder 304 @ 375 Watts, Mtx Thunder 302 @ 400 Watts Powering A 12 Inch Mtx 8000, and Alpine 12 Disc Cd Changer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts