Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Billy, I was just talking to Roger about my set up, and he said I can get a modified oil pump from you for a price. Can you tell me how much. Also Im wondering what I should do with my water pump. You know my setup so could you please help me out????

------------------

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2.2VTEC:
Hey Billy, I was just talking to Roger about my set up, and he said I can get a modified oil pump from you for a price. Can you tell me how much. Also Im wondering what I should do with my water pump. You know my setup so could you please help me out????
</font>
Um, Roger is mistaken. I don't modify oil pumps. Endyn can modify oil pumps, and you will need to contact them regarding that. I won't speak for Larry. As far as I know, he isn't accepting much Honda work for right now as he is quite busy. Chances are, if you want this done, you would have to buy new parts, ship them to Endyn, have them modify them, then send them back. I have no idea how much Larry would charge for this, but an oil pump runs $160 to $200 and the water pump is $40 to $100.

If you want to e-mail Larry, try contacting him at [email protected]

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
most shops can modify oil pumps and water pumps for more pressure. i know jg used to offer high pressure oil pumps and water pumps, very costly.

the shop i goto in new york, rpmnyc also does this service for all their motor build-ups. turbo or n/a.

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bgod:
most shops can modify oil pumps and water pumps for more pressure. i know jg used to offer high pressure oil pumps and water pumps, very costly.

the shop i goto in new york, rpmnyc also does this service for all their motor build-ups. turbo or n/a.
</font>
More pressure is not necessarily what you want. You want to improve flow. Actually, on the water pumps, you want to slow flow down. When you get into the upper RPMs, the pump cavitates, so you slow the flow down by clipping the vanes on the water pump. You could also port it a bit to improve flow. As for the oil pump, again, higher pressure isn't always worth it (unless you are running loose on bearing clearances). What can be done is to port the oil for better flow, but then oil pressure sky rockets at high RPMs, so the relief valve spring should be replaced with one that's SOFTER (not shimmed like some shops do).

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

1 - 4 of 4 Posts