Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, i just bought some used eibach prokits.AFter installation, my front driver side is about 1/2 inch lower than the other side and it makes my car look lopsided.ONe side looks droped and the other side looks stock.What can be the problem?

thank you

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sup guys, also if any of u guys have 18 inch rims, how much tire gap do u have left?i have 215/40/18 and the driver side barely has a gap while the passenger has 3/4 of an inch or 1 inch

thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
i have H&R's and they have about 1 to 1.5 finger gap to my 18's.. but i have 35 tires

------------------
Mr. Sang Lee cut this signature picture down in size please

[This message has been edited by Joon525 (edited April 19, 2001).]

G

·
you better check the spring rates on those...or maybe you put a rear spring on the front or vice versa.

------------------

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nEeD4sPeEdLuDe:
Sup guys, i just bought some used eibach prokits.AFter installation, my front driver side is about 1/2 inch lower than the other side and it makes my car look lopsided.ONe side looks droped and the other side looks stock.What can be the problem?

thank you
</font>
I've heard that Eibach springs don't like the 5g prelude much. This is the 3rd or 4th case where i have heard that an uneven drop was givin. The people that had this problem before sold the eibachs and bought some neuspeeds.

------------------
-Chris
--92 S

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Yes-Chris is right about the number of folks reporting this.
I talked to Eibach and they said the springs were "tested" on all 3 versions of the 5th gen. They never admitted that they did not take ride height measurements.
There is nothing wrong with the springs physically. It is a matter that the engineering is wrong for at least the Base SS version of the car (mine). BTW: handling was just fine after camber correction.

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

[This message has been edited by jc836 (edited April 19, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
any spring with any car can have an uneven drop so I wouldnt base it on the brand. I have seen uneven drops on all kinds of cars. I have the Eibachs and my ride is even on all corners.

You may want to recheck your installation, if its still messed up, send it back to Eibach, it should have come with some sort of warranty.

------------------
14.6 @ 93.6mph with I/E

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
check to see you have the right springs on the front and rears.

the way you described the drop is totally no the norm.

you may also have some suspension damage. cars that have close to no negative camber after a drop compared to another side. honda arms get bent very easily if you curb your tires.

also, you may want to check with the person you bought them from to see if they were cut.

also, see if the front springs are sitting properly on their perch.

·
Registered
648 Posts
This sounds very odd... If you have less of the gap in the back than the front that's one thing but uneven heights between the right and left side can't be right. Recheck the installation making sure the springs are not mixed up and that they are seated correctly on their perches.

I have ProKits on my 5th gen - no problems.

------------------
Yum, VW GTIs for breakfast lunch and dinner...

[This message has been edited by eatsgti (edited April 19, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
Yea, i've heard of others with the same uneven drop. One of my friend's rear on a z is uneven by 1/2 an inch...we've checked and double checked. Must be the spring...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Mine is fine! Fitted em myself, didn't have any problems and ride height is very even!

------------------
UK LUDER!

HONDA-R UK Member
5th GEN 2.2 VTI 4WS Manual

[This message has been edited by Guiddy (edited April 19, 2001).]

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Guiddy:
Mine is fine! Fitted em myself, didn't have any problems and ride height is very even!

</font>
Guiddy: stop showing off...you're rubbin' it in. hahaha..

-Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I for one have been thru the wringer with this subject. I had mine professionally installed, removed and reinstalled. Talked with Eibach and Koni. The springs are the correct length, rate and the install was on the money. It is the way the springs are made and which model of the 5th gen that is involved. I have Neuspeed Sports now and they are fine. I said this before-the weight on one front corner is different for the SH. The preload on the springs is affected - therefore the ride is uneven.
BTW: for those who don't believe in spring compressors-I'll just use mine all the time and be safe.

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

[This message has been edited by jc836 (edited April 19, 2001).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts