Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

This weekend I plan on getting my valves adjusted and flushing my tranny fluid. Hopefuly my brake pads will be here by then and I can do the brake fluid and replace the brakes (because I am hitting road course in 2 weeks). Should I flush the coolant? And........crap forgot what else I was gonna ask...but I'll be back later to ask it

Thanks

------------------
David [email protected]

ICQ UIN: 4310950
AOL SN: Poena97

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
so my friend was doing 120.. and downshifted to 4th.. HAHAHAHHA.. his RPM meter was going WWEE WWEE WEEE.. bouncing up and down after 8k.. it was soo horrifying to watch. (he has a 5th gen btw)..

u kno in GT II.. in the starting line, you can rev your engine to go WEE WEE WEE. and bounce up and down.. that's wut it looked like.

but his engine seems to be okay.. no weird noises from the valve.

·
"PO Doc"
1,484 Posts
I think your plugs and wires should be fine, but if you want to change your plugs go ahead. I really think changing your wires this early is unnecessary.

Neel

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would add flushing the coolant with adding Redline's "Water Wetter". You might want to use higher grade of brake fluid without silicone. Dot 5 rated like AP brake fluid...$$$$ beaucoup money - is like $15/quart for bleeding the brake. (Will probably need two quarts).

Spark Plugs and wires are a waste of money at this time. Perhaps afterwards like +50,000 miles. Go with NGK Platinum if you do change later on.

That's what I run when I do hot laps...Will be at Sebring this weekend!

By the way valve adjustment should run about $75...

·
Registered
831 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bronx99:
so my friend was doing 120.. and downshifted to 4th.. HAHAHAHHA.. his RPM meter was going WWEE WWEE WEEE.. bouncing up and down after 8k.. it was soo horrifying to watch. (he has a 5th gen btw)..

u kno in GT II.. in the starting line, you can rev your engine to go WEE WEE WEE. and bounce up and down.. that's wut it looked like.

but his engine seems to be okay.. no weird noises from the valve.
</font>

Thats why there is a rev limitter.

------------------

98 Black Lude
5 Speed

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did he just drop it into 4th @ 120 mph to see what would happen or doesn't he realize it's only got 5 gears?????

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
If you're racing, I wouldn't put more than 2 events on an oil change (if that, and probably not more than 5 on a set of plugs. Wires should be fine. By 30k I would certainly do the 90k (or 105k?) service with all but the timing belt change. Flush ALL fluids and do the plugs, cap, and rotor. When you keep the engine wound up into VTEC a lot you wear the plugs, cap, and rotor at least 2x faster than on the street, or even more. When autocrossing and track "eventing" regularly, my plugs, cap, and rotor looked at 11k like my wife's car's did at 85k.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts