Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...to use with a stage 2 crower(non stock idle) cam and the crower valve springs?

a shop i recently went to said that i should get after market valves b/c the stock valves would bend if combined with the stronger dual springs from crower. is this true, or would i be just fine using my stock valves. im leaning to stock valves, just to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
584 Posts
beachboy757 said:
...to use with a stage 2 crower(non stock idle) cam and the crower valve springs?

a shop i recently went to said that i should get after market valves b/c the stock valves would bend if combined with the stronger dual springs from crower. is this true, or would i be just fine using my stock valves. im leaning to stock valves, just to save a few bucks.
When you think about how the valvetrain works, if everything is functioning as it should, I dont see how the cams could possibly bend a valve, stock or not.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not the cam that would bend the valve

im asking if the valve would bend under the extra pressure from the dual valvesprings, since they have a higher spring rate then stock springs

·
Registered
381 Posts
if your valves are correctly installed they should not experience any serious side loads from the springs (which is what would cause the bending). I see no reason you would need different valves for a higher lift cam.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Your installer is selling you BS. I'd avoid him if I were you. The only thing that sees the increased pressure is the retainer and the spring seat. The valve only sees a small amount of increased travel speed. The pressure of the Crower/Skunk2 units is 100lbs on the seat which is fine for the stock valves....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts