Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
rotorless rotorite :(
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fast enough to beat me that is

i was looking at the specs on some of the different trims and years and i wasn't very impressed by their numbers. the way my friend was talking about how fast they are i was expecting like 14-15 second 1/4 ets. do they pose a threat at all? regardless of trim and year whats the best sentra in terms of HP and TQ?

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I have driven a Sentra SE-R. Yes it was a real one. Nissan owners make such a big deal about the damn SE-R... one word.. SLOW!!!

Who knows how the new ones will be.

If I could bold the word "slow" even more I would. I couldnt stress it enough

[This message has been edited by vabeach_lude (edited March 21, 2001).]

·
"PO Doc"
1,484 Posts
The upcoming Spec V SE-R may be a contender...180hp, 180 lb-ft torque.

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've heard about the "upcoming" Se-r's but until i see one in person i don't sweat it. besides i already have a head start, i actually have a car and i'm getting ready to turbo it.
so once the new SE-R's come out i'm gonna have me some fun

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Yeah..i've been reading the so-called stats on the new sentra..they said it could be a contender..don't know til we see it.

--sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
658 Posts
My previous car was a NX2000 (essentially a firmed-up, rebodied SE-R) and it has much more grunt off the line than my G5.

When I had mine, I raced a 97 G5 out of a tollbooth at the Whitestone bridge and left him behind....in the rain! I backed off at 50. He was not happy. If he had stayed on it he would have passed me, though.

The SE-R/NXs had great torque, gearing and traction (LSD)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Oh, to answer your question, the 91-93s are the quickest.

The later 200SX SE-Rs had a more restictive intake manifold and a different exhaust cam and were actually 15hp down despite the same power and torque ratings.

But you didn't hear those people crying like the 2001 Miata folks!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
actually dont underestimate the 90-93 SE-R..they are pretty damn quick. My friend had one with basic bolt ons running high 14s. I also seen seen others at the track running similiar times.

H

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thewedge3:
Oh, to answer your question, the 91-93s are the quickest.

The later 200SX SE-Rs had a more restictive intake manifold and a different exhaust cam and were actually 15hp down despite the same power and torque ratings.

But you didn't hear those people crying like the 2001 Miata folks!
</font>
not to mention the 91-93 were noticably lighter too. Those aren't SLOW. Pretty sweet cars that can handle well and don't look fast

------------------
95 Prelude VTEC

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
my buddies has a 2000 sentra SE. Bone stock with just the air filter taken out and like 1000 miles on the odo, he ran a 15.5 @ 86. 2.2 60 ft. those things are pretty damn quick, depending on whoe gets the jump when we race (ie. better launch) wins. But after like 75 mph, if im loosing or winning i pull him like crazy. But now hes running a 55 shot, so i think he can pull mid 14's. He also has a filter on a stick intake, and a muffler.

------------------
Dan Yi
99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37
www.MICrew.net

·
Registered
21 Posts
senta se-r's are quick and handle amazingly. AND they are die hard like a Honda. sleeper factor is a BIG plus too.

simple bolt-ons and you've got a very quick car. toss in a j-spec sr20de-t motor and its a VERY quick car.

don't sleep these cars guy's, they're light, they've got grunt, and they'll stick with you in the corners (lsd puts the power down). a "true" pocket rocket like the CRX Si once was.

------------------
violently happy
i'm driving my car
too fast
with ecstatic music on
-
Björk

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xymox:
senta se-r's are quick and handle amazingly. AND they are die hard like a Honda. sleeper factor is a BIG plus too.

simple bolt-ons and you've got a very quick car. toss in a j-spec sr20de-t motor and its a VERY quick car.

don't sleep these cars guy's, they're light, they've got grunt, and they'll stick with you in the corners (lsd puts the power down). a "true" pocket rocket like the CRX Si once was.

</font>
luckily for me the se's and se-r's around here lack the resources to do a SR20DE swap. but considering they have the USDM motor and your regular I/H/E how quick would they be then? and don't say "quick quick" numbers impress me more than words do. and another thing you say they're quick, but are they fast?

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion

·
Registered
658 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BlueShadow:
luckily for me the se's and se-r's around here lack the resources to do a SR20DE swap. but considering they have the USDM motor and your regular I/H/E how quick would they be then? and don't say "quick quick" numbers impress me more than words do. and another thing you say they're quick, but are they fast?

</font>
SE-Rs COME with the SR20DE. What is a USDM motor?

C/D ran an NX2000 to 60 in 6.9 and a 15.6 quarter. Not bad for 140hp!

That car was basically the ITR of the early 90s--only with more torque.

·
Registered
21 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BlueShadow:
and another thing you say they're quick, but are they fast?
</font>
see for yourself:

http://www.SR20DE.net/owners/timeslip/index.html

Brett Ezelle: 13.979 @ 95.19mph
i'd say that is pretty quick for a NASentra SE-R. wouldn't ya say?

Mike Murphy: 12.068 @ 115.81mph
with: T3/T4 hybrid turbo, stock internals, eclipse intercooler, 78lb injectors, Autronic engine management system, and Slicks.

------------------
violently happy
i'm driving my car
too fast
with ecstatic music on
-
Björk

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SE-Rs COME with the SR20DE. What is a USDM motor?
</font>
sorry by USDM motor i meant to say whatever motor they sell the SE-R with in the US.

or something to that effect.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion

·
Registered
21 Posts
That car was basically the ITR of the early 90s--only with more torque.</font>
e x a c t l y.

------------------
violently happy
i'm driving my car
too fast
with ecstatic music on
-
Björk

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the times are pretty impressive but you don't really know what they've got done to there car. you've prolly showed me the fastest SE-R in the world. BUT i don't think i'll be racing him at the track anytime soon. my main concern is your average, everyday joe blow with an se or an se-r with JUST INTAKE, HEADERS AND EXHAUST. for all i know Brett Ezelle is runNing a full race motor that revs all the way up to 15000rpms.... well maybe not, but maybe if the timeslips had a mod list it would give me some ideas of their capabilities.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion

[This message has been edited by BlueShadow (edited March 22, 2001).]

1 - 20 of 52 Posts