Honda Prelude Online banner

are nissan sentras fast?

7626 Views 51 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  vabeach_lude
fast enough to beat me that is

i was looking at the specs on some of the different trims and years and i wasn't very impressed by their numbers. the way my friend was talking about how fast they are i was expecting like 14-15 second 1/4 ets. do they pose a threat at all? regardless of trim and year whats the best sentra in terms of HP and TQ?

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
See less See more
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
I have driven a Sentra SE-R. Yes it was a real one. Nissan owners make such a big deal about the damn SE-R... one word.. SLOW!!!

Who knows how the new ones will be.

If I could bold the word "slow" even more I would. I couldnt stress it enough

[This message has been edited by vabeach_lude (edited March 21, 2001).]
See less See more
The upcoming Spec V SE-R may be a contender...180hp, 180 lb-ft torque.
i've heard about the "upcoming" Se-r's but until i see one in person i don't sweat it. besides i already have a head start, i actually have a car and i'm getting ready to turbo it.
so once the new SE-R's come out i'm gonna have me some fun

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
See less See more
Yeah..i've been reading the so-called stats on the new sentra..they said it could be a contender..don't know til we see it.

--sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC
See less See more
My previous car was a NX2000 (essentially a firmed-up, rebodied SE-R) and it has much more grunt off the line than my G5.

When I had mine, I raced a 97 G5 out of a tollbooth at the Whitestone bridge and left him behind....in the rain! I backed off at 50. He was not happy. If he had stayed on it he would have passed me, though.

The SE-R/NXs had great torque, gearing and traction (LSD)
Oh, to answer your question, the 91-93s are the quickest.

The later 200SX SE-Rs had a more restictive intake manifold and a different exhaust cam and were actually 15hp down despite the same power and torque ratings.

But you didn't hear those people crying like the 2001 Miata folks!
See less See more
actually dont underestimate the 90-93 SE-R..they are pretty damn quick. My friend had one with basic bolt ons running high 14s. I also seen seen others at the track running similiar times.
G
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thewedge3:
Oh, to answer your question, the 91-93s are the quickest.

The later 200SX SE-Rs had a more restictive intake manifold and a different exhaust cam and were actually 15hp down despite the same power and torque ratings.

But you didn't hear those people crying like the 2001 Miata folks!
</font>
not to mention the 91-93 were noticably lighter too. Those aren't SLOW. Pretty sweet cars that can handle well and don't look fast

------------------
95 Prelude VTEC
See less See more
the one I drove was the newest 200SX SER. Pretty disapointing.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
the one I drove was the newest 200SX SER. Pretty disapointing. </font>
It is. Don't confuse the two.
my buddies has a 2000 sentra SE. Bone stock with just the air filter taken out and like 1000 miles on the odo, he ran a 15.5 @ 86. 2.2 60 ft. those things are pretty damn quick, depending on whoe gets the jump when we race (ie. better launch) wins. But after like 75 mph, if im loosing or winning i pull him like crazy. But now hes running a 55 shot, so i think he can pull mid 14's. He also has a filter on a stick intake, and a muffler.

------------------
Dan Yi
99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37
www.MICrew.net
senta se-r's are quick and handle amazingly. AND they are die hard like a Honda. sleeper factor is a BIG plus too.

simple bolt-ons and you've got a very quick car. toss in a j-spec sr20de-t motor and its a VERY quick car.

don't sleep these cars guy's, they're light, they've got grunt, and they'll stick with you in the corners (lsd puts the power down). a "true" pocket rocket like the CRX Si once was.

------------------
violently happy
i'm driving my car
too fast
with ecstatic music on
-
Björk
See less See more
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xymox:
senta se-r's are quick and handle amazingly. AND they are die hard like a Honda. sleeper factor is a BIG plus too.

simple bolt-ons and you've got a very quick car. toss in a j-spec sr20de-t motor and its a VERY quick car.

don't sleep these cars guy's, they're light, they've got grunt, and they'll stick with you in the corners (lsd puts the power down). a "true" pocket rocket like the CRX Si once was.

</font>
luckily for me the se's and se-r's around here lack the resources to do a SR20DE swap. but considering they have the USDM motor and your regular I/H/E how quick would they be then? and don't say "quick quick" numbers impress me more than words do. and another thing you say they're quick, but are they fast?

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
See less See more
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BlueShadow:
luckily for me the se's and se-r's around here lack the resources to do a SR20DE swap. but considering they have the USDM motor and your regular I/H/E how quick would they be then? and don't say "quick quick" numbers impress me more than words do. and another thing you say they're quick, but are they fast?

</font>
SE-Rs COME with the SR20DE. What is a USDM motor?

C/D ran an NX2000 to 60 in 6.9 and a 15.6 quarter. Not bad for 140hp!

That car was basically the ITR of the early 90s--only with more torque.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BlueShadow:
and another thing you say they're quick, but are they fast?
</font>
see for yourself:

http://www.SR20DE.net/owners/timeslip/index.html

Brett Ezelle: 13.979 @ 95.19mph
i'd say that is pretty quick for a NASentra SE-R. wouldn't ya say?

Mike Murphy: 12.068 @ 115.81mph
with: T3/T4 hybrid turbo, stock internals, eclipse intercooler, 78lb injectors, Autronic engine management system, and Slicks.

------------------
violently happy
i'm driving my car
too fast
with ecstatic music on
-
Björk
See less See more
SE-Rs COME with the SR20DE. What is a USDM motor?
</font>
sorry by USDM motor i meant to say whatever motor they sell the SE-R with in the US.

or something to that effect.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
See less See more
That car was basically the ITR of the early 90s--only with more torque.</font>
e x a c t l y.

------------------
violently happy
i'm driving my car
too fast
with ecstatic music on
-
Björk
the times are pretty impressive but you don't really know what they've got done to there car. you've prolly showed me the fastest SE-R in the world. BUT i don't think i'll be racing him at the track anytime soon. my main concern is your average, everyday joe blow with an se or an se-r with JUST INTAKE, HEADERS AND EXHAUST. for all i know Brett Ezelle is runNing a full race motor that revs all the way up to 15000rpms.... well maybe not, but maybe if the timeslips had a mod list it would give me some ideas of their capabilities.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion

[This message has been edited by BlueShadow (edited March 22, 2001).]
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.