Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at NOPI today and I see that you can now get the muffler alone from them.

I have heard the Dunk before and was impressed with its sound, even though it was a straight through design.

I am considering getting the N1.

Does anyone have it, or has anyone heard it?

I like the straight through design, but up to now have used the Dynomax because of its non high pitch sound and somewhat muffled sound, even though I have probably given up 1-2 h.p.

Its still a very free flowing exhaust, but its not straight through.

The N1 has a 2.5 inch inlet, so it would go nicely with my 2.5 inch piping.




------------------
Warren

93 Prelude VTEC N/A (lots of mods) [email protected]

00 Honda Accord SE (stock)


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,437 Posts
Great minds think alike, that's exactly what i'm considering


and you know what, the muffler even comes in different colors!!



------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuDeGirL1004:
EVIL EVIL EVIL I say.</font>
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
Great minds think alike, that's exactly what i'm considering


and you know what, the muffler even comes in different colors!!



</font>

Yes they do!!


I think I will stick with one of the bottom two colors. I saw a Magenta one today, but I don't think that would go to well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,437 Posts
maybe that picture shows how the muffler's color will change after using it for a while, just like the SS headers


------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuDeGirL1004:
EVIL EVIL EVIL I say.</font>
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,530 Posts
VeeTec -

I have the N1 full catback and I really don't recommend it for daily driving (but I do realize you race). I drive around with the silencer on 99% of the time and get pulled over when I don't have the silencer in. It is the loudest/most high pitched/most annoying exhaust I have ever heard next to the newest JUN exhaust.

Top end gains are great but you will lose just as much on the low end. My exhaust is actually 2 years old and I am not sure if they have changed the design of them or how the universal exhaust is different from mine. If you enjoy the muffled top end sound of your Dynomax then I don't think you should get the N1. It sounds nothing like the Dunk IMO.

------------------
14.6 @ 93.6mph with I/E
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,889 Posts
well i love my N1 i got it not too long ago. I dont think its raspy at all or high pitched. It sounds just like a race car. It pretty quiet at about idle to like 3k, then past 3k it gets loud as hell, and throaty. then past like 5k its all VTEC
i personally love the sound and look of the N1.

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,437 Posts
i love how the 5zigen Border 304 MAX looks, but i don't think they have an application for the lude...


oh wait, i think they actually have the universal muffler for that style






------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuDeGirL1004:
EVIL EVIL EVIL I say.</font>
[This message has been edited by o0OO0o (edited April 26, 2001).]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DYI01:
well i love my N1 i got it not too long ago. I dont think its raspy at all or high pitched. It sounds just like a race car. It pretty quiet at about idle to like 3k, then past 3k it gets loud as hell, and throaty. then past like 5k its all VTEC
i personally love the sound and look of the N1.

</font>
I have to admit, its a crazy sound with the exhaust and vtec together and it DOES look very aggressive and somewhat sporty. I do love that. But it is loud when you don't want it to be loud sometimes. However, some ppl could care less about Police and like the loud noise it has. But for me, I can't afford those kinds of tickets




------------------
14.6 @ 93.6mph with I/E
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,808 Posts
I love how the N1 looks (esp the whole angled thing). How would the thing sound with just the muffle itself? And does the angle thing happen without the catback? I'm just in it for the looks (and a little of the sound)...i don't really care about performance...anyone have any ideas???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OvaDaLimiT:
I love how the N1 looks (esp the whole angled thing). How would the thing sound with just the muffle itself? And does the angle thing happen without the catback? I'm just in it for the looks (and a little of the sound)...i don't really care about performance...anyone have any ideas???</font>
The muffler/canister is angled on the inlet so yeah, even the universal ones SHOULD be angled. They are angled and even point upward a lot.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,530 Posts
Group Buy Center usually has buys on Apexi's universal mufflers and other Apex'i parts. I would try there first and get an idea of how much it should cost. The MSRP should be on APEX'I's web site.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmmm, interesting info.

I will have to think it over, it does look so good, and I would gain a little top end, but would the drone be too much? Hmmmm.

I did put a Magna flow on two years ago to try it out, straight through, and it did gain noticable top end, but the noise!!!!!!

I couldn't take it and put the Dynomax back on. But I am thinking the N1 sounds better.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LudesLudesLudes:
The N1 is LOUD. Cops are always pulling people over over here, so I decided to get the WS instead. The N1 makes the best power though. </font>
I am not really concerned with the Police.

Here they have better things to do and the laws governing exhaust noise aren't that strict.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Very very loud. I'd say its louder than a TRM. I was in a IS300 and next to me was a 240SX Turbocharged...could tell because of a big ass intercooler and he blew us off...that b*tch. And when he downshifted...it shook our door panels. And we all know that Lexus' have good sound drowning.

------------------
Jeffrey
1998 Honda Prelude
FMAX Turbo Kit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
810 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VeeTec:
I am not really concerned with the Police.

Here they have better things to do and the laws governing exhaust noise aren't that strict.
</font>
I think it's just southern california where the cops have nothing better to do. It's not like there's a lot of homicides happening here or anything. I got rolled 3 times in the same month by the same cop near where I go to school. The worst thing was that he was a campus police officer, and he pulled me over outside of campus 2 of the 3 times. The third time I just held the fix-it ticket out of the window when he walked up to the car. He looked at the ticket, gave it back to me, and then took off. I know that there are a lot of good cops out there (my aunt and uncle are two of them), but it's just frustrating to see a cop with a vendetta against aftermarket exhausts.

VeeTec - also, I wanted to ask you what mods you have. Your quarter mile time is REALLY fast. Were you on slicks? My lude wants to be like that when it grows up
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VeeTec:
Hmmm, interesting info.

I will have to think it over, it does look so good, and I would gain a little top end, but would the drone be too much? Hmmmm.

I did put a Magna flow on two years ago to try it out, straight through, and it did gain noticable top end, but the noise!!!!!!

I couldn't take it and put the Dynomax back on. But I am thinking the N1 sounds better.

</font>
Warren, I am not trying to deter you from the N1 but I am telling you the truth, it does get annoying when you are just cruising. Really loud music can barely drown out the exhaust noise.

I think you should find someone in your area that has the exhaust to really know what I am talking about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VeeTec:
I am not really concerned with the Police. </font>
of course you aren't! jeez...


------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fazle'sRightNut:
wow... come to my site. i will give you free moderator status just for being an OP!</font>
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top