Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Tanabe g power exhaust that I have been waiting for for over three weeks. I got it from carparts, and the box it came in was all taped up heavy duty. The box was really old looking, and inside, there was just the midpiping and then the part with the muffler on it...so that is two parts...nothing else. No plastic bag with little stuff inside or anything. Also, I touched the inside of the pipes, and black soot all over my finger. There are little scratches here and there, and the stainless steel muffler part, on the side that it says (tanabe U.S.A) is sort of goldish. I know tanabes do this after a while, but supposidly, this is new. There's some sticky, black, gum lookin stuff on the same side. I really wish I had a digital camera...Anyways, my question...is this how tanabe's come??? I really think there is something fishy about this, but then again, this is my first exhaust, so I really don't know how they come. If ANYONE has a g power, or any other exhaust from Tanabe...PLEASE help me out! I am very worried. I'm not paying $500 + for a used exhaust. Thanks

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Theres definitely something wrong with that picture. It should have come in a box with the piping wrapped in plastic and a bag of hardware(bolts,nuts,gaskets,etc.) As far as only two pieces I'm not sure, I have the Racing Medalion and it came in 3 pieces. It definitely sounds like you got screwed man. Sorry to hear about that. Call them up and give them hell!

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
that thign is used ... 100%...
i got the g medallion,
it came with 3 pieces, and gaskets
and some bolts.

oh yeah, call car parts, they might tell
you just to keep it, and they will send
u another one... that happened to me

------------------

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by joedaddy:
</font>
if that's the case, i'll buy the muffler from you

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by badmuthrfkr:
I'd be taking her to a nice italian restaurant because italian food is my favorite so even if the date goes sour, at least I got to eat something I love.</font>

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that thign is used ... 100%...
i got the g medallion,
it came with 3 pieces, and gaskets
and some bolts.

My credit card hasn't been charged yet, and right before it came, I had just finished *****ing them out because they said it would be on backorder for atleast a month...then it came, but of course it was used. My order status thing still says that the estimated ship date is 5/4...should I just wait it out, or would that be legally stupid? I am thinking maybe they don't know I have it...but what worries me even more, joedaddy said that it came in three pieces...I just got the pipe w/the muffler, and the pipe that connects to the cat...that's it. Any comments, experiences would be appreciated. I hate carparts...for right now anyways.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
that is 100% used for sure again. i got my TRM in a very professinally packaged form. No tapes on the boxes, thats a good indication of an preopened box usually. normally big packages seal it all up with those super large staple like things. every piece inside was wraped in platic. including a plastic sealed instructions with minor parts inside. im not sure if there was foam inside though... i dont think so.

so now u r sure its used, i suggest u do this... dont wait, but email them asking when u will get the order as if u did not receive anything yet. then if they say they shipped it, reply a few days later with the complaint about how urs was used like what u have now. IF THEY DO NOT REPLY SAYIN GTHEY SHIPPED IT, then u r in luck and hopefully u will get a new one PLUS the old one u got!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that would be pretty nice if it all worked out...but nothing over the internet ever seems to work out for me...well, thanks to everyone for calming me down...I was really really mad for a second

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
sorry to hear. i have a racing medalion and mine came like everyone elses: 3 parts, wrapped in plastic, little bag with gaskets, instructions, etc, etc, etc. i'd do what what ng luder suggested, except i'd call them up and ask instead of emailing.

never thought carparts would send a used part...

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
i bought a light bulb from them and i got a used one. A DAMN LIGHT BULB, those things last 2 months and if it's used...umm...2 weeks??? and how I got new ones anyways from them later

------------------

·
Registered
46 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
so now u r sure its used, i suggest u do this... dont wait, but email them asking when u will get the order as if u did not receive anything yet. then if they say they shipped it, reply a few days later with the complaint about how urs was used like what u have now. IF THEY DO NOT REPLY SAYIN GTHEY SHIPPED IT, then u r in luck and hopefully u will get a new one PLUS the old one u got!
</font>
Do not, under any circumstances, do this. I work in the automotive aftermarket, and I guarantee you that the second you say that you don't have your part they will look at your order, get your UPS tracking number, log onto the UPS website, track it, and find out that you signed for it. At that point they'll know you're trying to **** them, and I would bet a kidney that they won't return your used exhaust.

Your best bet is not to try to screw them. Call up, be FRIENDLY, be honest, and let them know what happened. They'll send out a call tag for the box you have, and you'll need to be insistant that you would like to expedite shipment of the new package. Usually if they have the part in stock they'll at least send it UPS ORANGE (3-day select), if not faster. If it isn't in stock, insist that you get a customer drop-ship special order from the manufacturer, and insist that they (obviously) cover the shipping.

Remember, you catch more flys with honey than vinegar, but don't be pushover, either.

-Chris

------------------
'95 Z28: black, stock except for the aftermarket parts.
'96 Accord LX: silver, a few mods...

Feel the quickness

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey dude, you better do whatever joedaddy said. If I were you, I call them ASAP. Tell them you only received two parts and it was used. If you call them later, they might not believe you. Do it now!

·
Texas
734 Posts
agreed...that thing should be shiny silver all the way around

the goldish color comes after about 2 or 3 weeks of driving

1 - 15 of 15 Posts