Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup all,

i recently got my neuspeed sport springs installed on my 5th gen - now I thought they should have settled by now but it seems like the rear is still very high - i am happy with the drop in the front, it is about 1 and 1/2 finger gap since i can't fit both fingers in the wheel gap, but the rear is easily two finger gap with a lil room to spare. did they put the rear springs on upside down?? whats the deal?

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Do you still have stock shocks? If so, then it is most likely installed incorrectly. If you have aftermarket shocks with adjustable perches, they probably didn't set the rear perches low enough.

edit: I went out and took some pics for ya:

and here is a video I made if that helps :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow! thank's a lot for your help man, the video wasn't necessary :) do you have regular koni's or the neupseed edition? I already feel my shocks going so I may as well start looking at getting some shocks to match these springs and i've heard the neuspeed combo is the way to go

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
btw they do seem installed correctly, the coils are closer together on top rather than the bottom, but I think maybe the back still hasn't settled properly b/c there isnt as much weight in the back as there in towards the front - I'll fill up my trunk with some crap and drive around for a week maybe

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
You're welcome, I was just bored so I took a quick video with my digital camera. Its crappy quality but you can see whats going on. I don't think my springs settled that much, but it has been a while so I could be wrong. I have the regular Koni's and I highly recommend them. The Neuspeed version does have more perches so that may give you more options for ride height, but I don't think they offered those when I got mine (I hadn't heard of them anyways). Whatever you choose, I'm sure you will be 100% satisfied with the Koni adjustable shocks!

You might want to look closely and make sure the springs are seated correctly. I remember when I was installing them, I had to work the spring a little so it would seat nicely in the perch. The only other thing I can think of that would cause it to be sitting so high is if they didn't compress the spring enough when they put the nut back on top (sorry I don't know the technical name for it).

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
With my Rota's, its 2 fingers, or 1.25"
The stock wheels/tires are slightly different size than my 17's, but here is a pic of them:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts