Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's about 2 months away before I have to get my car smogged my mods are

VAFC - No settings just lowered v tec cross over
J&S Safe guard - controling all my timing
JRSC - at 6 PSI
AEM CAI
AEM Pullies
Greddy Evo exhaust

I'm still waiting on EFI to finish on the new PMS for my fuel, in the mean time I haven't driven my car much.

but the question is, Any of you feel like I will have problems passing smog ? This weekend I will probably go get my car smogged to see if I pass or fail. If I fail, I will do what it takes to get my car to pass smog. Thanks

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
probly paid someone off to pass it :)

·
Working as always
145 Posts
hey why can't you just take the blower belt off when you go to the smog test? Then you shouldn't have any problems, but your car will be slow as Sh!t.

·
Thinking about going 9PSI
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if i remove the blower belt will any air pass through the blower to get to the motor ? since the SC is a rotary style one that sits on the intake manifold it seems to me nearly impossible for air to flow through..... isn't this bad ?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Prelude Racer said:
if i remove the blower belt will any air pass through the blower to get to the motor ? since the SC is a rotary style one that sits on the intake manifold it seems to me nearly impossible for air to flow through..... isn't this bad ?
the car will run, drive without the blower spinning. it'll be slow as **** but it'll run. the rotors dont' completely seal off air so air will be able to get through.

·
Registered
278 Posts
JRSClude is right. The car will be fine without the belt. I've torn one and driven around without the blower for a day. It feels like you have 4 fat guys in your car with no vtec. But I don't think you need to remove the belt. I think you should be fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts