Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a long shot, but has anyone had work done there? I'm about to get my timing belt, balancer belt, balancer seal retainer, water pump, tensioner, and some other little things done. It's going to run $600 to get it all done, and I wanted to know if this place could be trusted or not.

let me know if you've gotten stuff done there and any positive/negative comments you've got.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
go to www.MDpreludeClub.com and post this question. I'm sure someone has. I've only been there to buy parts and get a key made. "Ben Shaeffer" is another place to go that does good work from what I hear.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
A friend of mine takes his Accord there all the time and never has a problem. Then again, he knows the head parts guy, etc. But generally, I haven't heard anything bad and when I shop for quotes they usually are a little bit cheaper than other Hondas around Balto.

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
I live like 5 minutes away from teh dealership ;) ...they do very good work and won't hassle you about the warranty if you have mods; there was a guy who got a tranny replacement under warranty with upgraded cams and stuff lol). For my 30K maintenance I went to Ben Schaeffer's shop so give him a call if you want to compare prices (301-854-6252). I also asked a guy who used to work for Honda as a mechanic (he owned a Prelude before, Smitdog on PO.com) and he said there wasn't anything bad about the work they do there :D

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet. Its going in first thing in the morning, the new tensioner is sitting on the front seat. Not even going to risk driving it out there, it's on a trailor. poor thing. :(

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brodie said:
I haven't heard anything bad and when I shop for quotes they usually are a little bit cheaper than other Hondas around Balto.
yeah the service center is running a special this month on the H22.

Timing belt, balancer belt, tensioner, balancer shaft seals and retainers, water pump, new drive belts, valve cover gasket.

$600 out the door. Not bad for a dealer.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
=P didn't know it was u. I ought to call em up. I wonder if this is applicable to my Si.

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I got a FREE OEM tune up in a box too. :D

New wires, cap, rotor, and plugs. said I was elligable for some emmisions warranty or something. I told them I had recently replaced all that, he was like, taht's cool, I'll just leave the parts on your back seat and you can just use them for your next tune up. fine by me. :bigthumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts