Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone took their car to Pocono Raceway considering i live 5 minutes away....hehe:bigthumb:

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you raced there??? how was it??? hows the layout?? i used to work there and always wanted to run on there...thru the infield of course but i dont think a grand cherokee would turn good laps

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OMFG.....pic DSC00235......

i know that is not a cherokee on the track....lmao

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
A bunch of guys that I work with are going up Sunday. Well, they are supposed to but forecast is aiming for rain. The one guy runsa .90-ish Mustang 5.0 and the other has a Supra TT. I would go if it wasn't for the rain, at least to watch.

MPL, where are you according to the track. My brother used to live right on 115, 1 mile south of the main gate to PIR. When you say 5 minutes, I'm wondering what you are near.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea 5 minutes in the poconos can mean many miles...lol

im on long pond...near the beginning...in a community...Emerald Lakes...it takes me 5 minutes to get there....

and i just looked at the forecast...rain like a mofo starting @ ~12...oh well....i would go just to watch....

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
OMFG.....pic DSC00235......

i know that is not a cherokee on the track....lmao
One of the instructors did several laps around course in that Jeep ahead of the first run group just to make sure that there was no debris on course. He was only doing about 35-40mph.

Andrew

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh ok, that explains it all....lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
pocono...

After the meet in Alabama I am really itching to get up to Pocono to check it out... I'll try to keep an eye on this thread, but if you guys decide to go I might meet up with you.

TJ

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
TJ which car where you at the meet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mugenlude said:
TJ which car where you at the meet?
The black 4th gen automatic with gunmetal 7 spoke wheels, Dunk exhaust... I ran with the red novice group and then the intermediate group right before the lunch break...

tj

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
well ill be attending the PDA event on august 9-10, thanks to jc836, but i wont be running, just watching.....

as the dude(you know u like that title...lol) of the team interlude PA/NE chapter i will be trying to set up a track day, but that will be dependant on the turn out and other circumstances that are not directly related....

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Did I mention (sure did) that we will be there again in August. Hey Joon-hope to see you again. It is a really great track to learn on. Actually very forgiving if you goof. Very different from The Glen (there in July with PDA) or BeaveRun (NASA). Hope to seee everyone that can come there-car # is 99.

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
luder94si-----which region is sponsoring that HPDE at Pocono?

·
pretending to drive...
466 Posts
It's the NASA North-East region... we're the guys who auto-x at Giants Stadium:D For more info, go either to nasaforums.com or nasanortheast.org:D If you book for the HPDE during June, it's $25 off.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
luder94si said:
NASA is holding a HPDE at Pocono (south course) on July 18th - Friday. I'll be there with my 4th gen.:)
is this a auto-x event or road race???

any price to attend????just watch of course???

if so, i might be able to attend, i love all types of racing, just trying to get more exposure to it....but i hope my shop doesnt call me and tell me to bring my car in...i really want to go:(

·
pretending to drive...
466 Posts
The event is a HPDE (High Performance Driver Education) - which means a mixture of teaching & driving - most people will get about 75 minutes on the track. It's not a race by any means. HPDE has levels of experience from 1 through 4 , with 4 being the most experienced. At level 1, passing is extremely limited & you will have an instructor with you. By the time, you reach level 4, it's very close to almost wheel to wheel racing. It's a NASA sponsored event, so I'm assuming there will only be a few preludes at most to see & lots of other cars...If you have $150, it's definitely worth signing up for...go to www.nasanortheast.org

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ill pass

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
dude, don't pass, it is definately worth it. I f my CRX was working 100% I would definately be there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts