Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend wants to swap our his radio in his 94 si, to a radio from a GEN5 lude. What do you guys think? will it fit? Rewiring the harness isn't a problem. One thing I was thinking about is the antenna. Is there a different wire for it to go up and down?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
What I want is the stock system (speakers) from a 5th gen. Whenever I ride in my Girl's 97, I LOVE her stock system. I'm not into expensive car audio anymore (fried way too much stuff at a very low volume), so that's why I want it.

J

·
New Boeing Engineer
1,027 Posts
I think the 5th gens have the rear speakers externally amped. That means the stock deck prolly doesn't amp the rear speaker outputs. I also don't know how the AFBS system works, that might cause problems.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I know that the speakers in the rear deck are rectangular too, so you'd have to do some retrofitting, but how much, I don't know.

J

·
Registered
134 Posts
does anyone know if the plugs match up??? would it be a plug and play type deal???

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For 97-98 ludes the harness is the same. From 99+ they changed the harness. They also changed it one more time for the 2000.

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
You will need to swap the headunit, all the speakers, and the AFBS amp to get it to work. For less effort and less money, you can upgrade with aftermarket parts

·
Registered
571 Posts
the deck itself is a pretty normal unit, I put one from a 2000 prelude into a 98 Civic. it's a normal 4x20watt system. I had trouble mounting it, and you probably will have to rig something to make it mount properly.

as for the afbs/amp and rear speakers, forget them, it's probably too much hassle, although they do put out decent bass for a stock system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts