Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find it at the website (unless I'm blind ;)), but I wanted to call them on dates to when the classes will be competing at the Solo II Nationals. I need to take a few vacation days to compete, and make hotel reservations early.:)

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Don't need to call them, they posted it in the latest Fastrack, page F-137:

http://www.scca.org/news/tech/fastrack/03-06-fastrack.pdf

STX runs Thursday/Friday. That sort of sucks, because you definitely want to be there for the practice event (the previous Sat/Sunday) and that means a lot of down time before you actually run.

Unless you have a good concrete site that's local to you, you'll want to do the practice. I would still do it anyway, because the Topeka concrete is going to be really grippy.

·
Premium Member
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pork Chop said:

Unless you have a good concrete site that's local to you, you'll want to do the practice. I would still do it anyway, because the Topeka concrete is going to be really grippy.
Thanks for the link.:) I was hoping Peru, IN would have an event before Nationals, but it doesn't appear they'll have one. I may try to go out to a couple of Illinois regions (either the Southern Illinois or Central Illinois regions...they both run on concrete) for more concrete seat time.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Muhahahahaha. There IS an event at Peru just before Nationals, hosted by a club that myself and Mugenlude run. It's called Tri-State Sports Car Council. www.tsscc.org It's on Labor day weekend. There is a full day test and tune on sat, followed by a two day event on sunday and monday. That means you can have 3 days of concrete the week before Nationals! The thing with the Test and Tune is that it's only open to members, becuase we limit it to 40 ppl. But membership is only $40, so it would be beneficial (I did 20 runs on a 60-70 sec course at the last test and tune). The event may also fill quickly, as ppl are from other regions will want to get a last practice before Nats.

I prolly won't be there (grrrrr, since I'm already rpe-regged for hte event), but it's either do the Peru weekend or go to a wedding full of gorgeous asian sorority girls! Hmmm.... it's a tough choice....

·
Premium Member
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PilotSH said:
but it's either do the Peru weekend or go to a wedding full of gorgeous asian sorority girls! Hmmm.... it's a tough choice....
Either be fully prepared for Nationals, or get a bunch of Asian sorority girls' numbers...tough choice indeed.:D Is there a way to do the test-n-tune, but not run the 2-day event? I don't have enough vacation time to take off that Monday, and later in the week for Nationals.

·
Premium Member
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mugenlude said:
You should be able to do the T-n-T, but not the event. :D
For free? Or for smaller cost? I'd be interested! BTW, too bad we aren't running on the same days.:(

·
Registered
782 Posts
Jacques said:

Either be fully prepared for Nationals, or get a bunch of Asian sorority girls' numbers...tough choice indeed.:D Is there a way to do the test-n-tune, but not run the 2-day event? I don't have enough vacation time to take off that Monday, and later in the week for Nationals.
EXACTLY!!!! Priorities come first, right? :D Fer realz though, that wedding is one helluva opportunity to meet girls, and I'm not getting any younger. I got another month or so to decide.

BTW, that Monday is Labor Day Jacques! You shouldn't have to take the day off! You can just run the T and T, but you'd have to become a member first ($40) and pay the cost of the T and T (usually $40).

·
Premium Member
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, $80?! Ouch! No discounts for SCCA members or anything? I forgot about Labor Day...brain freeze on my part.:p

Also, I hear ya on the "not getting any younger" part...my opportunities are getting less and less.:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.