Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much it will cost on average to fill in the side marker holes in the front bumper and repaint it all? I want to do the JDM side market mod, but only after I clear out the side markers on my bumper.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
i always wondered what it would cost to do that...i love the way it looks but more than likely if i dont have a picture on hand my shop guy will look at me all funny...

lets just say it might be cheaper if you have a agressive body kit in the front...since most of them if not all of them do not provide a hole for the sidemarkers

when i get my octane front i plan on doing that mod also

·
Registered
435 Posts
i was qouted 250 to fill in the hole and they would repaint the bumper. the guy at the shop also said to just get an aftermarket front. i didnt do it i have another OEM bumper(white) and type S lip unpainted..i plan on doing the front myself and selling both in a few months

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
ludikris said:
Your best bet would be to call a local body shop.
exactly! honestly....why ask us? we're not doin the work for you. even if we tell you, it's not like that's how much you're goin to pay, you've still gotta check w/ local shops, so might as well check w/ them first ;) :bigthumb:

are you going to have a body kit too? lips or full bumper? if you got a mugen front, then they'd already be shaved, then all you'd have to do is put on the JDM's :bigthumb: I'm pretty sure that all aftermarket front bumpers come w/o the holes for your sidemarkers, so it just depends on what type of front you want ::shrug:: that'd be the best....get a new front an paint that

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm going for the JDM type S look so I wouldnt get any aftermarket bumpers, just the Type S lip. I just needed a general idea to see what I gotta save up for. Thanks!

·
no diggity
1,127 Posts
I had mine filled when my car was fixed last month and I needed a new bumper. The shop charged me $150 to do it (that does not include painting the bumper itself).

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
bboyskillet said:
I just needed a general idea to see what I gotta save up for. Thanks!
Once again, body shops vary widely in prices just in a single town, much less across the country. You also get what you pay for in most cases.

Why not call a few body shops, describe what you are doing (or perhaps even drop by and show them), and ask for a rough estimate?

·
Registered
360 Posts
It looks better without the USDM side markers and with the JDM ones.

Being one of the few helpful people out here my quote was 225 for the filling and painting of the holes. It was a quote done by 3 bodyshops in the Houston area that akll do good work.

Hope this helps.

Riaz

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
ludikris said:

Once again, body shops vary widely in prices just in a single town, much less across the country. You also get what you pay for in most cases.

Why not call a few body shops, describe what you are doing (or perhaps even drop by and show them), and ask for a rough estimate?
always best to drop by an let them see it....otherwise they'll give you a bad quote :(

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
khilgers said:
how exactly do they fill the holes? and with what...just curious
prolly bondo.. if i was to ever go back to my oem bumper id fill it in myself and juss have a bodyshop paint it for me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts