Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I'm serious.
It is possible to rent the Daytona International Speedway for a day.
Yes, the same one where Dale Earnhardt ascended to the automotive heaven.(R.I.P.)

According to a relatively good source, it only costs $2000 for the day.
I don't know any other specifics at this point(time on the track,infield section or not?, when it can happen), but I will find out more if there's some interest.

Whether the road corse is open or not, I would love to do some high speed driving in a safe place. Just think about it, if we have 20 Preludes, that's only $100 each.
Maybe we could make it an official meet.
Comments Please.

·
Registered
419 Posts
if you're willing to ship me and my car over, i'd be down.

------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

while i go take more.. "pleasing" pictures you'll just have to deal with this one. now wheres that dig. cam?

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aaron97SH:
First off, I'm serious.
It is possible to rent the Daytona International Speedway for a day.
Yes, the same one where Dale Earnhardt ascended to the automotive heaven.(R.I.P.)

According to a relatively good source, it only costs $2000 for the day.
I don't know any other specifics at this point(time on the track,infield section or not?, when it can happen), but I will find out more if there's some interest.

Whether the road corse is open or not, I would love to do some high speed driving in a safe place. Just think about it, if we have 20 Preludes, that's only $100 each.
Maybe we could make it an official meet.
Comments Please.
</font>
Never seen a track go for so little for a whole day. Does that include safety equipment, insurance, etc.? I believe it's more expensive to rent Hallet, and it's not a first rate track. Usually tracks require that you have corner workers (for safety), and some include the pay for the corner workers in the price, and some don't.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do those tracks actually let you race? I think this is just for timed runs, not everyone racing at the same time. But I really don't know anything but what I said before. I may call the track on Monday.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
lets do it. Imagine taking thos ebanked turns at 130. mmmmm

Wasted

------------------

www.importheart.com
Whos your DelTapywa?
I got these Jammies.

·
Registered
648 Posts
At that price sure - I'm in. You can also go driving on the tracks with teh different driving clubs eg the Porsche Club, the NSX club for about $200 a day at Roebling Road and Sebring and Homestead. That's a lot of fun and while it's not outright racing yu get to run your car to the limits.

Keep us informed on what you find out with the Daytona deal.

------------------
Yum, VW GTIs for breakfast lunch and dinner...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts